Justin Bieber Breaks Lady GaGa's YouTube Record
Justin Bieber has set a new record on YouTube. According to social media monitoring company Famecount, the Canadian singing sensation has become the first person to get 2 billion views on the video-sharing website.
Passing the milestone sometime over the weekend, Bieber also broke the record previously set by Lady GaGa. Back in October 2010, the "You and I" songstress was named the first artist to hit 1 billion mark on YouTube.
In another popularity showdown, Bieber could not top GaGa when it comes to Twitter followers. With nearly 14 million followers, Selena Gomez's boyfriend is still placed behind the Mother Monster who has more than 15 million fans subscribing to her official account on the micro-blogging site.
Bieber himself has not commented on his 2 billion mark on YouTube. In the last few hours, the teen pop idol has posted a series of tweets to promote his Christmas album "Under the Mistletoe" which is due November 1.
More Justin Bieber News
- Bob Dylan Called 'Arrogant' for Ignoring Nobel Prize Win
- 'Doctor Strange' Star Tilda Swinton Wants Her Own Marvel Movie
- Jay-Z Makes History as Nominee for 2017 Songwriters Hall of Fame
- Police Called to Larsa and Scottie Pippen's House Before Divorce Announcement
- Did Madonna Just Clap Back at Lady GaGa With This Meme?
- Leonardo DiCaprio to Play the Man Who Invented Rock and Roll in Sam Phillips Biopic
- Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie to Sell Their Chateau Miraval in France Amid Divorce
- Director Tim Miller Leaves 'Deadpool 2' Due to Creative Differences