Justin Bieber Breaks Lady GaGa's YouTube Record
Justin Bieber has set a new record on YouTube. According to social media monitoring company Famecount, the Canadian singing sensation has become the first person to get 2 billion views on the video-sharing website.
Passing the milestone sometime over the weekend, Bieber also broke the record previously set by Lady GaGa. Back in October 2010, the "You and I" songstress was named the first artist to hit 1 billion mark on YouTube.
In another popularity showdown, Bieber could not top GaGa when it comes to Twitter followers. With nearly 14 million followers, Selena Gomez's boyfriend is still placed behind the Mother Monster who has more than 15 million fans subscribing to her official account on the micro-blogging site.
Bieber himself has not commented on his 2 billion mark on YouTube. In the last few hours, the teen pop idol has posted a series of tweets to promote his Christmas album "Under the Mistletoe" which is due November 1.
More Justin Bieber News
- Rob Kardashian Reveals He Is Now Diabetes Free
- Britney Spears Recalls Being on 'Awkward' Dates, Says 'Being Famous Doesn't Make You Any Different'
- Taylor Swift Makes Donation to Hospital That Saved Her Godson
- Daniel Radcliffe Eyed for 'Harry Potter and the Cursed Child' Movie Trilogy
- Mary J. Blige to Guest Star on 'How to Get Away with Murder'
- Ryan Reynolds Paid 'Deadpool' Screenwriters With His Own Money
- Rob Kardashian Finally Opens Up on Why He Ditched Kim Kardashian's Wedding
- Drake and Rihanna Nuzzling and Holding Hands in Miami