Justin Bieber Breaks Lady GaGa's YouTube Record
Justin Bieber has set a new record on YouTube. According to social media monitoring company Famecount, the Canadian singing sensation has become the first person to get 2 billion views on the video-sharing website.
Passing the milestone sometime over the weekend, Bieber also broke the record previously set by Lady GaGa. Back in October 2010, the "You and I" songstress was named the first artist to hit 1 billion mark on YouTube.
In another popularity showdown, Bieber could not top GaGa when it comes to Twitter followers. With nearly 14 million followers, Selena Gomez's boyfriend is still placed behind the Mother Monster who has more than 15 million fans subscribing to her official account on the micro-blogging site.
Bieber himself has not commented on his 2 billion mark on YouTube. In the last few hours, the teen pop idol has posted a series of tweets to promote his Christmas album "Under the Mistletoe" which is due November 1.
More Justin Bieber News
- Kevin Hart Creates Dimwitted Superhero in First Trailer for 'Captain Underpants'
- Drake Getting Sade's Face Tattooed on His Rib Amid Dating Rumors
- Wiz Khalifa and Juicy J's New Music Video for 'Cell Ready' Is Smoking Hot
- Inside Celine Dion's Diva Behavior on 'The Voice': 'She Was Extremely Entitled'
- Miley Cryrus and Liam Hemsworth Build Playground at Malibu House - Is Baby on the Way?
- 'Spider-Man' Spin-Off About Black Cat and Silver Sable Is in Development
- Taraji P. Henson and 'Empire' Co-Star Nia Long Are Reportedly Feuding on Set, Rep Reacts
- 'Rogue One: A Star Wars Story' Originally Features Jyn Erso's Mother as Jedi Knight