Justin Bieber Breaks Lady GaGa's YouTube Record
Justin Bieber has set a new record on YouTube. According to social media monitoring company Famecount, the Canadian singing sensation has become the first person to get 2 billion views on the video-sharing website.
Passing the milestone sometime over the weekend, Bieber also broke the record previously set by Lady GaGa. Back in October 2010, the "You and I" songstress was named the first artist to hit 1 billion mark on YouTube.
In another popularity showdown, Bieber could not top GaGa when it comes to Twitter followers. With nearly 14 million followers, Selena Gomez's boyfriend is still placed behind the Mother Monster who has more than 15 million fans subscribing to her official account on the micro-blogging site.
Bieber himself has not commented on his 2 billion mark on YouTube. In the last few hours, the teen pop idol has posted a series of tweets to promote his Christmas album "Under the Mistletoe" which is due November 1.
More Justin Bieber News
- Keira Knightley's Acting in 'Begin Again' Gets Criticized by Director
- Gwen Stefani and Blake Shelton Take Her Birthday Son to Indianapolis 500
- Ariana Grande Cancels Rock in Rio Performance Due to Throat and Sinus Infection
- Johnny Depp's Ex Vanessa Paradis and Daughter Lily-Rose Defend Him in Amber Heard Drama
- LOL! Prince Harry Hilariously Photobombs 'ANTM' Star Winnie Harlow's Picture
- Kanye West Robbed, Computers Stolen From His Studio
- 'Transformers: The Last Knight' Announces Big Reveal on May 31
- Dwayne Johnson Hints at Darker Hobbs in 'Fast and Furious 8' Image