Rihanna Hospitalized With Flu in Sweden, Apologizes for Canceled Concert
A bad case of the flu has forced Rihanna to cancel her concert in Sweden. The "We Found Love" singer was scheduled to perform at the Malmo Arena on Monday, October 31 night as part of the European leg of her "Loud" tour, but was unable to take the stage because she has to be treated for flu-like symptoms in the hospital.
The 23-year-old herself took to Twitter to share a photo of her arm being hooked up to an IV drip in a hospital. In a caption of the image, she wrote, "Sorry Malmo!" She additionally issued an apologetic statement that read, "I am sorry to everyone who was coming out to my show in Malmo, Sweden."
"I was so excited to perform for you all," the Barbadian singer continued on. "It would have been a great time...so much better than being sick with the flu, ugh!" She ended her statement by saying, "I'm really disappointed I couldn't be there."
In Riri's website, Live Nation claims to be working on a rescheduled date for the canceled Monday show. The tour promoter will release details in the next few days, and notes that all tickets purchased will be honored for the planned future date. The singer herself is scheduled to perform in Stockholm on Tuesday, November 1.
More Rihanna News
- Report: Kim Kardashian and Kanye West Are Spoiling Their Surrogate
- Kristen Stewart Caught Cheating on Stella Maxwell With Ex Alicia Cargile
- Find Out What George and Amal Clooney's Twin Kids Will Inherit When They Turn 21
- DJ Khaled Releases New Album 'Grateful'
- Is Drake Expecting a Son?
- Ellen DeGeneres Punishes Audience Member for Stealing on the Show
- Report: Shin Min A Accompanies BF Kim Woo Bin Receiving Cancer Treatment
- Alexis Bledel Returns for 'The Handmaid's Tale' Season 2 as Series Regular