Rihanna Hospitalized With Flu in Sweden, Apologizes for Canceled Concert
A bad case of the flu has forced Rihanna to cancel her concert in Sweden. The "We Found Love" singer was scheduled to perform at the Malmo Arena on Monday, October 31 night as part of the European leg of her "Loud" tour, but was unable to take the stage because she has to be treated for flu-like symptoms in the hospital.
The 23-year-old herself took to Twitter to share a photo of her arm being hooked up to an IV drip in a hospital. In a caption of the image, she wrote, "Sorry Malmo!" She additionally issued an apologetic statement that read, "I am sorry to everyone who was coming out to my show in Malmo, Sweden."
"I was so excited to perform for you all," the Barbadian singer continued on. "It would have been a great time...so much better than being sick with the flu, ugh!" She ended her statement by saying, "I'm really disappointed I couldn't be there."
In Riri's website, Live Nation claims to be working on a rescheduled date for the canceled Monday show. The tour promoter will release details in the next few days, and notes that all tickets purchased will be honored for the planned future date. The singer herself is scheduled to perform in Stockholm on Tuesday, November 1.
More Rihanna News
- Watch Barden Bellas Dance in 'Pitch Perfect 3' Behind-the-Scenes Video
- James Marsden Is Under Consideration to Join 'Green Lantern Corps' as Hal Jordan
- Blake Lively 'Livid' Over Ryan Reynolds' Possible Reunion With Ex-Wife Scarlett Johansson
- The Weeknd Reunites With Selena Gomez at a Club After Running Into Ex Bella Hadid
- 'The Lost City of Z' Gets New International Trailer
- Peter Dinklage's New Red Hair May Hint at His 'Avengers: Infinity War' Role
- Future Enjoys Lavish Getaway in Dubai in New Video for 'Poppin' Tags'
- James Cameron and 'Deadpool' Director Tim Miller Team Up for New 'Terminator' Movie