Rihanna Hospitalized With Flu in Sweden, Apologizes for Canceled Concert
A bad case of the flu has forced Rihanna to cancel her concert in Sweden. The "We Found Love" singer was scheduled to perform at the Malmo Arena on Monday, October 31 night as part of the European leg of her "Loud" tour, but was unable to take the stage because she has to be treated for flu-like symptoms in the hospital.
The 23-year-old herself took to Twitter to share a photo of her arm being hooked up to an IV drip in a hospital. In a caption of the image, she wrote, "Sorry Malmo!" She additionally issued an apologetic statement that read, "I am sorry to everyone who was coming out to my show in Malmo, Sweden."
"I was so excited to perform for you all," the Barbadian singer continued on. "It would have been a great time...so much better than being sick with the flu, ugh!" She ended her statement by saying, "I'm really disappointed I couldn't be there."
In Riri's website, Live Nation claims to be working on a rescheduled date for the canceled Monday show. The tour promoter will release details in the next few days, and notes that all tickets purchased will be honored for the planned future date. The singer herself is scheduled to perform in Stockholm on Tuesday, November 1.
More Rihanna News
- John Legend Expresses His Anger and Hope in 'In America'
- Ryan Gosling Explains His Giggle During Oscar Fiasco
- Report: Kevin Hart's Wife Eniko Pregnant With Their First Child
- 'Avengers: Infinity War' Starts Filming in Scotland, Set Photos and Video Arrive
- 'Orphan Black' Unveils First Photos and Details of Final Season
- Hailey Baldwin Fuels Cameron Dallas Dating Rumors as They're Spotted Grabbing Lunch Together
- Donald Trump and Wife Melania Reportedly Sleep in Separate Bedrooms and Never Spend a Night Together
- Iggy Azalea Is Twerking in Sneak Peek of 'Mo Bounce' Music Video