Amy Winehouse's Posthumous Album to Arrive in Dec., Tracklisting Unveiled
Months after her death, more works from Amy Winehouse will be unearthed. Island Records has announced on Monday, October 31 that it will release the late soul singer's new album, "Lioness: Hidden Treasures", on December 5, just in time for a holiday shopping spree.
The posthumous album will feature 12 tracks. They include a demo version of "Wake Up Alone", alternate versions of "Valerie" and "Tears Dry on Their Own", as well as new songs called "Halftime" and "Between the Cheats".
Amy's father Mitch, who said he had never heard "Halftime" before, called the song "just incredibly beautiful." He additionally gushed on the upcoming album, "If the family had felt that this album wasn't up to the standard of 'Frank' and 'Back to Black' we would never have agreed to release it and we believe it will stand as a fitting tribute to Amy's musical legacy."
Amy's longtime musical partners, Mark Ronson and Salaam Remi, worked together with her family to craft the album. Island Records stated that Mark and Salaam had "a collection of songs that deserved to be heard, a collection of songs that were a fitting testament to Amy the artist and, as importantly, Amy their friend."
Amy was found dead in her Camden, north London home on July 23 at the age of 27. In October, a coroner ruled that the "Rehab" hitmaker died from accidental alcohol poisoning when she resumed drinking after weeks of abstinence.
Young artist JoJo recently paid tribute to the late singer by covering "You Know I'm No Good". The 20-year-old performed the acoustic version of the "Back to Black" track during her free show at the Hard Rock Cafe in Detroit on Sunday, October 30.
Tracklisting of "Lioness: Hidden Treasures":
- "Our Day Will Come" (Reggae Version)
- "Between the Cheats" (A new song recorded in London in May 2008)
- "Tears Dry" (An original version recorded in November 2005)
- "Wake Up Alone" (A one-take demo recorded in March 2006)
- "Will You Still Love Me Tomorrow"
- "Valerie" (An original version recorded in December 2006)
- "Like Smoke" featuring Nas
- "The Girl From Ipanema" (Recorded in May 2002)
- "Best Friends" (Live version, recorded in February 2003)
- "Body & Soul" with Tony Bennett
- "A Song for You"
- Kim Kardashian Looks Gloomy During Outing After Paris Robbery
- Brad Pitt's Child Abuse Investigation Extended due to New Key Accusation
- Britney Spears and Tinashe Share Photo From 'Slumber Party' Video Shoot
- Jennifer Lawrence Has Competition! Scarlett Johansson Develops a Zelda Fitzgerald Rival Project
- 'The Punisher' Announces 5 More New Cast Members
- Kristen Stewart Reunites With 'Twilight' Co-Stars at Women in Hollywood Awards
- Len Wiseman Files for Divorce From Kate Beckinsale
- Lady GaGa to Perform at 2016 American Music Awards