Henry Cavill: My Shirtless Scene Is Just a Small Sequence in 'Man of Steel'
Henry Cavill has commented on several recently shared "Man of Steel" set photos that show him getting shirtless and flaunting his ripped abs. Although he received compliments for his hunky physique, the English actor who tackles the lead role in the upcoming Superman reboot insisted that his shirtless scene is just a small part in the movie.
"That's only once sequence, a small sequence in the movie," said Cavill during the "Immortals" press junket. "It's just people like to take a lot of photographs of it when they get the opportunity."
Still, Cavill noted that having a perfect body is important to play the caped Kryptonian superhero. He said, "It's an essential thing for something like Superman. You've got to prove to everyone that it's a super man, it's not all fake, not all smoke and mirrors. It's an eight pack!"
During the chat, the 28-year-old actor also gushed that he's been working so hard to get a "hero-worthy physique" for the movie. He opened up, "We did a lot of training. I was training for six months. I started before I finished 'The Tudors'."
"I was up at four in the morning, doing a couple of hours there and then a day's work," he continued. "But as soon as I got off 'The Tudors', then we could do the full training. It went up to about eight hours a day by the time it was February."
Directed by "Sucker Punch" helmer Zack Snyder, "Man of Steel" is currently still filming in Vancouver, Canada. The superhero film is produced by "The Dark Knight Rises" director Christopher Nolan and is also starring Amy Adams, Russell Crowe, Kevin Costner, Diane Lane and Antje Traue. It is slated for a June 14, 2013 release in U.S. theaters.
More Man of Steel News
- Taylor Swift and Tom Hiddleston Already Have Their First 'Major' Fight - What Is It About?
- Is The Flash Coming to 'Big Bang Theory'?
- Miley Cyrus Reportedly Pays for Everything in Her Relationship With Liam Hemsworth
- Prince William Says He Still Misses Princess Diana Every Day and We Can't Help Tearing Up
- Will X-Men Join Avengers in 'Infinity War'? Here's What Joe Russo Says
- Kourtney Kardashian on Reconciling With Scott Disick: 'I'm So Not There Yet'
- Listen to Preview of Carly Rae Jepsen's 'E.Mo.Tion: Side B' Tracks
- Here's Your First Look at Kristin Chenoweth's Easter on 'American Gods'