Leonardo DiCaprio Is Millionaire Jay in New 'Great Gatsby' Set Photo
How Leonardo DiCaprio will look like as millionaire Jay Gatsby in "The Great Gatsby" has been unveiled in a newly shared on-set picture of the upcoming drama. On Saturday, October 29, DiCaprio was photographed donning sleek three-piece brown suit complete with a trim straw hat and sunglasses while shooting some scenes in Sydney, Australia.
In between breaks, the Jack Dawson of 1997's iconic movie "Titanic" was spotted chatting with director Baz Luhrman. He was also seen rehearsing with co-star Tobey Maguire, who also donned a similar period look. DiCaprio reunites with Maguire after they last starred together in a low-budget black and white drama called "Don's Plum" in 2001.
The "Inception" actor has been in Down Under for the past few months to work on the movie adaptation of F. Scott Fitzgerald's 1925 novel. The film follows a mysterious millionaire who lives in West Egg, next door to a young man from Minnesota named Nick Carraway (Maguire). Gatsby lives in a gigantic Gothic mansion and throws extravagant parties every Saturday night.
Joining DiCaprio and Maguire in the cast ensemble are Carey Mulligan, Joel Edgerton, Isla Fisher, Callan McAuliffe as well as Bollywood actor Amitabh Bachchan. The drama has been scheduled to open in U.S. theaters on December 25, 2012, where it will show up opposite "Django Unchained", which also stars DiCaprio.
- Listen to Niall Horan's First Solo Single 'This Town' Here!
- Kim Kardashian Is Sick of Taylor Swift Question: 'I'm So Over It'
- Luke Cage's Leading Lady Misty Knight Confirmed to Return on 'The Defenders'
- Don't Call Zayn Malik 'Celebrity' Because He Loathes It!
- Vitalii Sediuk Calls His Attempt to Kiss Kim Kardashian's Butt a Protest Against 'Butt Implants'
- Gavin Rossdale Follows Gwen Stefani's Lead, Joins 'The Voice UK' as New Judge
- Report: Ashton Kutcher and Mila Kunis Expecting Baby Boy
- Watch Benedict Cumberbatch's Full Performance With Pink Floyd's David Gilmour at London Concert