Artist of the Week: Evanescence
Evanescence are back on the music scene after a five-year hiatus to reclaim their fans' hearts. As their first offering since they released "The Open Door" in 2006, the Amy Lee-fronted band debuted their self-titled album which soared to the first place on Billboard 200 earlier this October.
With 127,000 copies sold in its first week, "Evanescence" is the rock group's second effort which manages to claim the top spot on the album chart. "What You Want", the first single off the eponymous album, additionally climbed to No. 13 on the Rock Songs chart.
Founded in 1995, Evanescence were left by one of its founders, guitarist Ben Moody, in 2003, not long after they released their first full-length album, "Fallen". The band were further shaken by the departures of bassist Will Boyd, guitarist John LeCompt and drummer Rocky Gray.
The last two's exits led to Evanescence's hiatus, but they still managed to greet their fans with The Open Door tour until the end of 2007. With co-founder Amy still taking on the vocal, the band announced their new line-up and their third album, which was initially planned to come out in 2010, two years later.
Promised to be "better, stronger, and more interesting" than their previous works, the latest album has got positive response from ex-member Ben. "I love the new Evanescence," so the guitarist gushed. "I like it better than 'The Open Door'. I think it's awesome. I think Amy and the boys did a great job."
- Topless Kim Kardashian and North West Are Included in New Kimojis. Get the Sneak Peeks
- Kylie Jenner and PARTYNEXTDOOR Spotted 'Making Out' at Drake's Party
- 'X-Men' Show 'Legion' Gets Series Order at FX. See the First Picture!
- Rolling Stones' Ronnie Wood Welcomes Twins at Age 68
- Tyga's New Lady Demi Rose Tries to Copy Kylie Jenner by Wearing Similar Strappy Bikini
- Shawn Mendes Teases His Upcoming Album
- Kim Kardashian Visits Snapchat Office. See Some Exclusive Filters She Gets!
- Alicia Keys Goes Makeup Free, Pens Powerful Essay About Overcoming Her Insecurities