Artist of the Week: Evanescence
Evanescence are back on the music scene after a five-year hiatus to reclaim their fans' hearts. As their first offering since they released "The Open Door" in 2006, the Amy Lee-fronted band debuted their self-titled album which soared to the first place on Billboard 200 earlier this October.
With 127,000 copies sold in its first week, "Evanescence" is the rock group's second effort which manages to claim the top spot on the album chart. "What You Want", the first single off the eponymous album, additionally climbed to No. 13 on the Rock Songs chart.
Founded in 1995, Evanescence were left by one of its founders, guitarist Ben Moody, in 2003, not long after they released their first full-length album, "Fallen". The band were further shaken by the departures of bassist Will Boyd, guitarist John LeCompt and drummer Rocky Gray.
The last two's exits led to Evanescence's hiatus, but they still managed to greet their fans with The Open Door tour until the end of 2007. With co-founder Amy still taking on the vocal, the band announced their new line-up and their third album, which was initially planned to come out in 2010, two years later.
Promised to be "better, stronger, and more interesting" than their previous works, the latest album has got positive response from ex-member Ben. "I love the new Evanescence," so the guitarist gushed. "I like it better than 'The Open Door'. I think it's awesome. I think Amy and the boys did a great job."
- Joanna Krupa Causes Internet Frenzy After Seemingly Posing Fully-Naked
- David Ayer Regrets That Joker Is Not 'Suicide Squad' Main Villain
- Robin Excitedly Tries on Different Costumes in First 'Lego Batman Movie' Clip
- Kendall Jenner Flashes Her Breasts in Sheer Top While Strolling Around Paris
- Kanye West Reportedly Ready to Continue His Canceled 'Saint Pablo' Tour
- Chelsea Clinton Branded Hypocrite After Defending Barron Trump From Cyberbullies
- New 'Powerless' Promo Features Crimson Fox Catching a Train
- Woody Harrelson Is Han Solo's Mentor in Upcoming 'Star Wars' Spin-Off