Artist of the Week: Evanescence
Evanescence are back on the music scene after a five-year hiatus to reclaim their fans' hearts. As their first offering since they released "The Open Door" in 2006, the Amy Lee-fronted band debuted their self-titled album which soared to the first place on Billboard 200 earlier this October.
With 127,000 copies sold in its first week, "Evanescence" is the rock group's second effort which manages to claim the top spot on the album chart. "What You Want", the first single off the eponymous album, additionally climbed to No. 13 on the Rock Songs chart.
Founded in 1995, Evanescence were left by one of its founders, guitarist Ben Moody, in 2003, not long after they released their first full-length album, "Fallen". The band were further shaken by the departures of bassist Will Boyd, guitarist John LeCompt and drummer Rocky Gray.
The last two's exits led to Evanescence's hiatus, but they still managed to greet their fans with The Open Door tour until the end of 2007. With co-founder Amy still taking on the vocal, the band announced their new line-up and their third album, which was initially planned to come out in 2010, two years later.
Promised to be "better, stronger, and more interesting" than their previous works, the latest album has got positive response from ex-member Ben. "I love the new Evanescence," so the guitarist gushed. "I like it better than 'The Open Door'. I think it's awesome. I think Amy and the boys did a great job."
- Artist of the Week: Stacy Ferguson
- Miranda Kerr Flaunts Huge Ring and Long Legs During First Outing Since Evan Spiegel's Proposal
- Comic-Con: 'Legion' Unveils First Footage. Take a Look at the X-Men TV Series
- One Direction Celebrates Six-Year Anniversary, Thanks Fans for Their Support
- Ariana Grande Debuts New Hairdo Amid Reports She Was Barred From Performing at White House
- 'High School Musical' Alum Corbin Bleu Gets Married to Sasha Clements. Get the Details
- 'Star Trek Beyond' Easily Wins at Box Office
- Lindsay Lohan Fights With Fiance Egor Tarabasov After Accusing Him of Cheating on Social Media