'Amazing Race' Recap: Local People Cheering on Contestants in Africa
Amani and Marcus were bumped from the top to the bottom place in the sixth leg of "The Amazing Race". The married couple departed from Bangkok to head to Malawi earlier than any other teams following their win in the last leg, but they were left behind upon arriving in the African country.
Their first direction in Malawi was a tobacco warehouse where they would face the Roadblock. In the challenge, one member of each team must push huge bales of tobacco across the warehouse. Local workers danced and sang to cheer on the contestants who were racing to push the heavy bales.
Jeremy and Sandy completed the Roadblock first, while Amani and Marcus as well as Bill and Cathi started later since they were caught in a traffic jam on their way to the warehouse. After the Roadblock, all teams headed to Memorial Tower for Detour.
In Detour, the teams must choose between All Sewn Up and Not Grown Up. For those picking All Sewn Up, they had to use a manual sewing machine to stitch a suit. In Not Grown Up, meanwhile, the teams must visit a local school and build two traditional toy trucks out of everyday materials.
Jeremy and Sandy, who chose to make toys, finished the Detour first. They learnt that they must must go to R-K Furniture Shop. However, Justin and Jennifer who completed the Detour in the second place arrived first at the furniture shop.
From the furniture shop, the teams had to carry two handcrafted beds to Kumbali Village, which was the Pit Stop. Justin and Jennifer loaded their bed onto a truck and arrived first at the pit stop, but they were sent back because they did not pay the truck driver.
Andy and Tommy who arrived next were declared the winner, marking their fourth victory. This time, they got a trip to a private island in the British Virgin Islands. Returning after paying the truck driver, Justin and Jennifer were declared team number two.
Arriving later in respective order were Jeremy and Sandy, Laurence and Zac, Ernie and Cindy, Bill and Cathi, and Amani and Marcus. Luckily for Amani and Marcus, the Sunday, October 30 episode was a non-elimination leg, so they still could join the next leg with a Speed Bump to complete.
- Watch: Rita Ora Drops Her Top in Raunchy Love Advent Video
- Britney Spears Gets Surprise Birthday Cake on Stage at 2016 Jingle Ball
- Granger Smith Broke His Rips and Punctured His Lung After Falling From Stage
- Madonna Wants to Remarry Sean Penn for $150,000 at Miami's Art Basel
- Chris Evans Feels 'Rage' Over 'Last Tango in Paris' Real Rape Scene
- Mariah Carey Not Too Keen on Comparison Between Her Alter Ego Bianca and Beyonce's Sasha Fierce
- Mark Wahlberg Criticizes Fellow Celebs Who Talk About Politics
- Kanye West and Kim Kardashian Live Under Different Roofs After He's Released From Hospital