Sugarland Deliver Emotional and Celebratory Performance at Indiana Free Concert
Sugarland have returned to Indianapolis after a tragedy struck Indiana State Fair where they were supposed to perform in August. Treating their fans with a free concert at Conseco Fieldhouse, the country music duo paid tribute to victims of the stage collapse with their show.
"Obviously we are here in October - we were supposed to do this show in August. Obviously, the stage is different. You are different and we are different," said vocalist Jennifer Nettles on the stage. "We are all changed by what happened then."
"We are going to try to give you the best show that we can, and to celebrate healing with you, and to celebrate life and music with you here tonight," she added. The 37-year-old singer additionally informed the audience that they visited the fair grounds prior to the concert.
Clad in all-black outfits, Nettles and her band mate Kristian Bush delivered a 90-minute concert for the crowd. Some of their hit songs showcased that night included "Tonight" and "Little Miss".
During the benefit performance, concertgoers were encouraged to donate $10 to the Indiana State Fair Remembrance Fund by texting the word "fair" to 27722. The show also marked the final date of the duo's Incredible Machine Tour.
On August 13, the stage collapse at Indiana Fairgrounds killed 7 people. More than 40 fans were seriously injured during the incident.
- 'Jumanji' Is an Old School Video Game in Its First Trailer
- 'Jealous' Kim Kardashian Demands Hefty Pay Raise for 'KUWTK'
- So Cute! Liam Payne Shares Rare Photo of Him and Son Bear in Matching Yeezy Trainers
- Donald Trump Stops a Call With the Irish PM to Compliment Female Reporter's 'Nice Smile'
- Kristen Wiig Joins Jimmy Fallon in Funny Doctor Skit of New Mad Lib Theater
- Queen Biopic 'Bohemian Rhapsody' Finds Its Drummer in 'X-Men' Actor Ben Hardy
- Kris Jenner and David Foster Reportedly Have a Dinner Date
- Chrissy Teigen Accidentally Flashes Bare Boob When Dancing With John Legend During His Concert