World Series Game 7 Posts Rating Record for FOX, Crushes 'Chuck'
Game 7 of the World Series on Friday, October 28 gave a big win for FOX. The final match-up that saw the National League's St. Louis Cardinals beating out the Texas Rangers attracted 25.4 million viewers, which is the most-watched match-up since 2004 when the Boston Red Sox won its first title in 86 years.
Game 7 posted a 14.7 rating/25 share in homes, up 19% from last year. It marked the single highest-rated Friday night program in FOX's history, and the most-watched Friday night program of any kind on any network since the opening ceremony of the 2010 Vancouver Winter Olympic Games on NBC.
At another network, Game 7 hampered the kick start of "Chuck" season 5 on NBC. The premiere episode of the show's final season, which aired up against the series-deciding game, only drew 3.4 million viewers and a 1.0 rating in 18-49 demo, marking the series' lowest to date.
Surprisingly, "Grimm" which debuted after "Chuck" delivered a better rating. The NBC new crime drama series lured in 6.5 million viewers and a 2.1 rating in the demo. It is ranked as the top-rated non-sports telecast since last December.
- Is Gwen Stefani Pregnant With Blake Shelton's Child?
- See a Glimpse of Gru and Dru's Past in New 'Despicable Me 3' Trailer
- Kylie Jenner Flaunts Ample Cleavage in Plunging Mesh Top in New Selfie
- Justin Bieber Forgets 'Despacito' Spanish Lyrics, Sings 'Blah, Blah, Blah' Instead
- Fans Loath ABC's 'Dirty Dancing' Remake - See the Hilarious Memes
- Kourtney Kardashian Flaunts Butt as She Enjoys Jet Ski Ride With Younes Bendjima
- New Couple Alert! Bow Wow Reportedly Dating This Blonde Reality Star
- The First Heart-Wrenching Trailer of 'Wonder' Sees Julia Roberts, Owen Wilson and Jacob Tremblay