Elisabetta Canalis: George Clooney's Been Special for Me Just as a Father Would Be
Elisabetta Canalis has offered surprising details about her relationship with George Clooney. In a new book by Italian journalist Bruno Vespa titled "Questo Amore (This Love)", the former "Dancing with the Stars" contestant revealed that the star of "The Descendants" was like a father to her.
Apparently having no hard feeling toward her ex-boyfriend, the 33-year-old beauty praised him as "the person who valued my feminine side the most" and as "one of the best people I have met from a charitable point of view." She added, "He has been special for me, and very important, just as a father would be."
When asked to clarify what she meant by that, the actress who has a recurring role on season 3 of "Leverage" explained, "Between us there was more of a father-daughter relationship." She continued to point out, "I was unable to clarify this up 'til now."
Elisabetta also broke her silence about their break-up. While many have speculated that the 50-year-old actor's aversion to marriage was likely to have caused their separation after two years together, she set the record straight by stating, "George and I never spoke of marriage nor of having kids."
"I don't put limits to the possibility of having them, but neither George nor I had ever envisaged having kids together," she continued on explaining. "The end of the relationship was not caused by a marriage issue, but instead by our personal needs."
While she didn't comment on George's new relationship with Stacy Keibler, Elisabetta did offer more sincere words for her ex. "George is a real gentleman even in his private life," she said. "I was very much respected both as a woman and a partner."
- 'Game of Thrones' Set Pics: Look Who's Also Back for Season 7!
- Are They Really Dating? Drake Already Introduces Taylor Swift to His Mom
- Ouch, It Looks Painful! Hugh Jackman Suffers Gunshot Wounds in New 'Logan' Image
- Jasmine Tookes to Rock Victoria's Secret New Fantasy Bra. See and Get Details of the $3M Lingerie!
- J.J. Abrams' 'God Particle' Is Reportedly the Next 'Cloverfield' Movie
- Is This What Tom Hiddleston Thinks of Taylor Swift Getting Close With Drake?
- 'Sherlock' Season 4 Gets Premiere Date. Mark Your Calendar!
- Gavin Rossdale Signs Publishing Deal With Roc Nation