Elisabetta Canalis: George Clooney's Been Special for Me Just as a Father Would Be
Elisabetta Canalis has offered surprising details about her relationship with George Clooney. In a new book by Italian journalist Bruno Vespa titled "Questo Amore (This Love)", the former "Dancing with the Stars" contestant revealed that the star of "The Descendants" was like a father to her.
Apparently having no hard feeling toward her ex-boyfriend, the 33-year-old beauty praised him as "the person who valued my feminine side the most" and as "one of the best people I have met from a charitable point of view." She added, "He has been special for me, and very important, just as a father would be."
When asked to clarify what she meant by that, the actress who has a recurring role on season 3 of "Leverage" explained, "Between us there was more of a father-daughter relationship." She continued to point out, "I was unable to clarify this up 'til now."
Elisabetta also broke her silence about their break-up. While many have speculated that the 50-year-old actor's aversion to marriage was likely to have caused their separation after two years together, she set the record straight by stating, "George and I never spoke of marriage nor of having kids."
"I don't put limits to the possibility of having them, but neither George nor I had ever envisaged having kids together," she continued on explaining. "The end of the relationship was not caused by a marriage issue, but instead by our personal needs."
While she didn't comment on George's new relationship with Stacy Keibler, Elisabetta did offer more sincere words for her ex. "George is a real gentleman even in his private life," she said. "I was very much respected both as a woman and a partner."
- Watch Barden Bellas Dance in 'Pitch Perfect 3' Behind-the-Scenes Video
- James Marsden Is Under Consideration to Join 'Green Lantern Corps' as Hal Jordan
- Blake Lively 'Livid' Over Ryan Reynolds' Possible Reunion With Ex-Wife Scarlett Johansson
- The Weeknd Reunites With Selena Gomez at a Club After Running Into Ex Bella Hadid
- 'The Lost City of Z' Gets New International Trailer
- Peter Dinklage's New Red Hair May Hint at His 'Avengers: Infinity War' Role
- Future Enjoys Lavish Getaway in Dubai in New Video for 'Poppin' Tags'
- James Cameron and 'Deadpool' Director Tim Miller Team Up for New 'Terminator' Movie