Elisabetta Canalis: George Clooney's Been Special for Me Just as a Father Would Be
Elisabetta Canalis has offered surprising details about her relationship with George Clooney. In a new book by Italian journalist Bruno Vespa titled "Questo Amore (This Love)", the former "Dancing with the Stars" contestant revealed that the star of "The Descendants" was like a father to her.
Apparently having no hard feeling toward her ex-boyfriend, the 33-year-old beauty praised him as "the person who valued my feminine side the most" and as "one of the best people I have met from a charitable point of view." She added, "He has been special for me, and very important, just as a father would be."
When asked to clarify what she meant by that, the actress who has a recurring role on season 3 of "Leverage" explained, "Between us there was more of a father-daughter relationship." She continued to point out, "I was unable to clarify this up 'til now."
Elisabetta also broke her silence about their break-up. While many have speculated that the 50-year-old actor's aversion to marriage was likely to have caused their separation after two years together, she set the record straight by stating, "George and I never spoke of marriage nor of having kids."
"I don't put limits to the possibility of having them, but neither George nor I had ever envisaged having kids together," she continued on explaining. "The end of the relationship was not caused by a marriage issue, but instead by our personal needs."
While she didn't comment on George's new relationship with Stacy Keibler, Elisabetta did offer more sincere words for her ex. "George is a real gentleman even in his private life," she said. "I was very much respected both as a woman and a partner."
- Listen to David Guetta's 'Light My Body Up' Feat. Nicki Minaj and Lil Wayne
- Report: Friends Fear for Lisa Rinna's Life as She Takes Pills to Stay Thin
- Gwyneth Paltrow Talks Anal Sex: 'It's Practically Standard in the Modern Bedroom Repertoire'
- Fashion Fail! Caitlyn Jenner Suffers Wardrobe Malfunction as She Exposes Her Bra in Sheer Top
- Amy Schumer Drops Out of 'Barbie' Live-Action Movie
- CBS Renews 16 Series for 2017-2018 Season - Find Out Which Show Makes the Cut
- Rihanna Is Reportedly Not Surprised With Drake's New Sade Tattoo. Find Out Why
- It's Finally Here! Zayn Malik Releases New Single 'Still Got Time' Ft. PARTYNEXTDOOR