Justin Timberlake Eyed for a Big Role in Folk Music Pic 'Inside Llewyn Davis'
Justin Timberlake might secure another big role in a movie shortly after releasing his futuristic action film "In Time". Variety has reported that the singer-turned-actor has been offered to take on a significant role in a folk music movie project called "Inside Llewyn Davis".
The star who played Sean Parker in "The Social Network" is eyed to play a folk musician named Jim. Jim's wife, Jean, will be played by Carey Mulligan. The project will be directed by two brothers, Joel Coen and Ethan Coen.
The story centers on a singer-songwriter who navigates New York's folk music scene during the 1960s. The lead character is inspired by Dave Van Ronk, a folk singer who is also a friend of Bob Dylan and other notable musicians.
"Drive" actor Oscar Isaac will tackle the titular character, a struggling folk artist who was born and raised in Queen. Although he is a talented musician, he "can't seem to make ends meet playing music."
The Coens will also provide the script in addition to serving behind the lens. With the production being scheduled to begin in early 2012, the drama is expected to arrive in theaters across the U.S. sometime in 2013.
- 'Stranger Things': Here's What Upside Down Is According to the Child Actors
- Ben Affleck and Jennifer Garner Grab Breakfast Sans Kids Amid Rumor They Call Off Divorce
- Cheryl's Mom Fuels Rumors Singer Is Expecting a Child With Liam Payne
- Lionsgate Is Open for More 'Twilight' Sequels
- Cara Delevingne Nearly Topless in Ripped Top for Puma Campaign
- See Tom Brady Sunbathing Completely Naked During Vacation With Gisele Bundchen
- Everyone Is Excited to Meet Superman in New 'Supergirl' Season 2 Sneak Peeks
- Nick Jonas Shares His First Photo From 'Jumanji' Set, but There's a Catch