Chris Daughtry Got Emotional When Singing National Anthem at World Series
Soon after performing "The Star Spangled Banner" at World Series, Chris Daughtry took to his Twitter to share his feelings. "Not sure why but I got a bit emotional singin the anthem tonight. Thank you all for the support and love!!!" he wrote to his followers.
The lead singer of DAUGHTRY performed the national anthem to open Game 7 on Friday night, October 28. Wearing a leather jacket and jeans, the former contestant of "American Idol" showed off his rocker pipes by throwing some serious high notes when delivering the rendition.
The World Series was kicked off Monday, November 24 by Scotty McCreery who won "Idol" season 10. Back then, he was rumored to flub the national anthem, but his label Universal Music quickly denied it by pointing out that it was his thick southern accent which made the lyrics sound a bit different.
- Colton Haynes to Make Live Singing Debut in Tribute Performance for George Michael
- 'Jurassic World 2' First Set Photo Arrives as Filming Begins
- Behati Prinsloo Wows on First Post-Baby Runway Show at Milan Fashion Week
- A Green Lantern Is Reportedly Confirmed in 'Justice League'
- New Photos Seem to Confirm Diane Kruger and Norman Reedus' Romance Rumors
- 'Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.': Is Nick Blood Returning in Season 4?
- Happy 'Twin Peaks' Day! Showtime Unveils Posters for Revival
- Blac Chyna Reportedly Dating Kourtney Kardashian's Former Beau Quincy Combs