Chris Daughtry Got Emotional When Singing National Anthem at World Series
Soon after performing "The Star Spangled Banner" at World Series, Chris Daughtry took to his Twitter to share his feelings. "Not sure why but I got a bit emotional singin the anthem tonight. Thank you all for the support and love!!!" he wrote to his followers.
The lead singer of DAUGHTRY performed the national anthem to open Game 7 on Friday night, October 28. Wearing a leather jacket and jeans, the former contestant of "American Idol" showed off his rocker pipes by throwing some serious high notes when delivering the rendition.
The World Series was kicked off Monday, November 24 by Scotty McCreery who won "Idol" season 10. Back then, he was rumored to flub the national anthem, but his label Universal Music quickly denied it by pointing out that it was his thick southern accent which made the lyrics sound a bit different.
- Mr. Robot 2.05 Preview: This Is What You Wanted
- JoJo Was Forced to Inject Herself to Lose Weight Fast
- Calvin Harris Is Avoiding Kanye West Collab Amid Taylor Swift Feud
- 'Gilmore Girls: A Year in the Life' Gets First Teaser and Premiere Date
- Jennifer Garner and Ben Affleck '100 Percent Still Separated' Amid Reconciliation Rumors
- Miranda Lambert's Rep Shoots Down Pregnancy Rumors
- Watch Star-Studded Performance of 'What the World Needs Now Is Love' at DNC
- 'Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children' Featurette Brings Out the Poetic World