Chris Daughtry Got Emotional When Singing National Anthem at World Series
Soon after performing "The Star Spangled Banner" at World Series, Chris Daughtry took to his Twitter to share his feelings. "Not sure why but I got a bit emotional singin the anthem tonight. Thank you all for the support and love!!!" he wrote to his followers.
The lead singer of DAUGHTRY performed the national anthem to open Game 7 on Friday night, October 28. Wearing a leather jacket and jeans, the former contestant of "American Idol" showed off his rocker pipes by throwing some serious high notes when delivering the rendition.
The World Series was kicked off Monday, November 24 by Scotty McCreery who won "Idol" season 10. Back then, he was rumored to flub the national anthem, but his label Universal Music quickly denied it by pointing out that it was his thick southern accent which made the lyrics sound a bit different.
- Bob Dylan Called 'Arrogant' for Ignoring Nobel Prize Win
- 'Doctor Strange' Star Tilda Swinton Wants Her Own Marvel Movie
- Jay-Z Makes History as Nominee for 2017 Songwriters Hall of Fame
- Police Called to Larsa and Scottie Pippen's House Before Divorce Announcement
- Did Madonna Just Clap Back at Lady GaGa With This Meme?
- Leonardo DiCaprio to Play the Man Who Invented Rock and Roll in Sam Phillips Biopic
- Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie to Sell Their Chateau Miraval in France Amid Divorce
- Director Tim Miller Leaves 'Deadpool 2' Due to Creative Differences