Chris Daughtry Got Emotional When Singing National Anthem at World Series
Soon after performing "The Star Spangled Banner" at World Series, Chris Daughtry took to his Twitter to share his feelings. "Not sure why but I got a bit emotional singin the anthem tonight. Thank you all for the support and love!!!" he wrote to his followers.
The lead singer of DAUGHTRY performed the national anthem to open Game 7 on Friday night, October 28. Wearing a leather jacket and jeans, the former contestant of "American Idol" showed off his rocker pipes by throwing some serious high notes when delivering the rendition.
The World Series was kicked off Monday, November 24 by Scotty McCreery who won "Idol" season 10. Back then, he was rumored to flub the national anthem, but his label Universal Music quickly denied it by pointing out that it was his thick southern accent which made the lyrics sound a bit different.
More Chris Daughtry News
- Taylor Kinney Gives Lady GaGa 'Ultimatum' as She's Still Undecided About Wedding Details
- Kim Kardashian Steals the Show at Scott Disick's Birthday Party With Her Barely-There Lace Dress
- Proud Papa Chris Brown Shares Cute Pictures of Royalty to Celebrate Her Birthday
- Amanda Holden Poses Naked for Charity. See the Racy Pic!
- Bruno Mars Is Readying a New Album for November
- Mariah Carey's Diva Antics: She Has Her Glam Team Work on Her While She Sleeps
- Kim Kardashian Kicks Kanye West Out of Their Bel Air House. Why?
- Watch Andrew Lincoln and Norman Reedus Envision Lighter 'Walking Dead' in NBC's Red Nose Day Special