Pics: Lady GaGa Sports Indian Flag Hair Ahead of Formula One Performance
Lady GaGa is showing off her love for India with her hair. The 25-year-old eccentric singer is visiting the country to perform at an after-party for its first Formula One Grand Prix race, and on Friday, October 28, she attended a news conference in New Delhi sporting hair that was dyed the colors of the Indian flag; saffron and green.
For the special appearance, the "Born This Way" hitmaker piled her colorful locks into a huge bun on the top of her head. She also brought the glam to the press event by wearing a one-shoulder printed floor-length dress which she said was designed by New York-based designer of Indian origin Naeem Khan.
The Mother Monster greeted journalists gathering at the Taj Mansingh Hotel with the traditional Hindi greeting "Namaste". In her opening remarks, she said, "I feel so blessed. I never would have imagined years ago that I would be able to come to India and perform and to meet my new amazing fans that are here. The sights in India are beautiful but the most beautiful sights are the people."
GaGa is scheduled to perform at the LAP lounge at a resort near the Buddh International Circuit just outside Delhi on Sunday, October 30. About the performance, she spilled, "I have built a special stage for this show - it is unique for India and never been done. I will also incorporate the collaborations I have done with Indian DJs in the performance. I am going to put my whole heart and soul into it."
In another news, GaGa has been urged by PETA India to wear a lettuce dress. The animal rights activists have sent a letter to the singer's publicist in hopes that she would pose for photos in a lettuce gown, which is said to take nearly six hours to construct, to promote the importance of not eating meat.
"If she agrees, we'll make her a dress entirely of lettuce and held together by pins and threads. It will be a full length gown, and we'll make sure it looks sexy," said Sachin Bangera of PETA India. "It'll be a full length gown, and we'll make sure it looks sexy...someone will be on hand to spray the lettuce with water so that it doesn't wilt."
More Lady GaGa News
- Laura Prepon Expecting First Child With Ben Foster
- Tom Brady on His Friendship With Donald Trump: Why Is It Such a Big Deal?
- 'Celebrity Apprentice' Recap: Technical Difficulty Causes More Termination
- 'Saturday Night Live' Writer Is Suspended for Mocking Barron Trump on Twitter
- Soulja Boy Charged on Suspicion of Illegally Possessing Firearms
- 'The Bachelor' Recap: Tension Between Corinne and Other Girls Is About to Get Physical
- 'Star Wars: Episode VIII' Gets Official Title, Mark Hamill Reacts
- Michelle Williams Reveals She Was 'Inconsolable' After Leaving Shared Home With Heath Ledger