Adele to Undergo Throat Surgery, Cancels All 2011 Remaining Shows
Due to the continuing problem with her vocal, Adele decides to undergo throat surgery and take timeout for the rest of the year in order to recover properly and fully. In doing so, she's forced to cancel all of the 2011 remaining concerts and promotional appearances.
The cancellation is under doctors' orders, and Adele won't be "looking to schedule any work commitments" until she completely recuperates. "We apologize for any inconvenience and disappointment caused, and appreciate your understanding during this time," her camp says.
In a lengthy blog post on October 4, Adele shared the full story of her voice trouble, explaining that the problem first arose in January and her voice "was weakened by a bout of flu from December." She hadn't fully recovered when kicking off the tour in March, leading her to being diagnosed with laryngitis.
The problem got worse when she suffered a hemorrhage and later developed a respiratory and chest infection. "I have never been able to fully recover from any of the problems that I've had and then continue to rest even once I'm recovered, because of my touring commitments," she explained.
She scrapped all the 2011 dates in the United States back then, and now additionally cancels the ones which were set in U.K. for November engagement. "Ticket holders for all canceled live dates will receive a refund from the point of purchase," it's explained further.
For those who can't wait for her to return from the impending hiatus, they could purchase a live CD/DVD package featuring her performance at the Royal Albert Hall earlier this year. The effort is due in the U.S. on November 29 and will be filled with her rousing performance, which includes her hits from "19" and "21" albums.
The canceled dates:
- Oct. 07 - Atlantic City, NJ at Borgata Spa
- Oct. 08 - Durham, NC at Performing Arts Center
- Oct. 10 - Nashville, TN at Ryman Auditorium
- Oct. 11 - Asheville, NC at Thomas Wolfe Auditorium
- Oct. 13 - Orlando, FL at Hard Rock Live
- Oct. 14 - Miami, FL at Waterfront Theatre
- Oct. 16 - Atlanta, GA at Fox Theatre
- Oct. 18 - Spring, TX at Cynthia Woods Mitchell Pavillion
- Oct. 19 - Austin, TX at Frank Erwin Center
- Oct. 21 - Grand Prairie, TX at Verizon Theatre
- Nov. 07 - Wolverhampton at Civic Hall
- Nov. 08 - Wolverhampton at Civic Hall
- Nov. 10 - Blackpool at Empress Ballroom
- Nov. 12 - Bournemouth at BIC
- Nov. 14 - Cardiff at Motorpoint Arena
- Nov. 15 - Plymouth at Pavillions
More Adele News
- Video: Lady GaGa and Caitlyn Jenner Among 49 Stars Honoring Orlando Shooting Victims
- Justin Timberlake Is One Grumpy Doll in First 'Trolls' Trailer
- Stephanie March Reveals Botched Boob Job Amid 2014 Bobby Flay Marriage Trouble
- Peta Murgatroyd Confirms She's Pregnant With Maksim Chmerkovskiy's Baby
- Drew Barrymore in Talks to Host New Talk Show
- Kanye West Signs New Partnership With Adidas to Expand Yeezy Brand
- Dennis Quaid's Wife Kimberly Files for Divorce for Second Time
- Chris Brown Rants on Instagram After Falling Out with Manager and Publicist