Adele to Undergo Throat Surgery, Cancels All 2011 Remaining Shows
Due to the continuing problem with her vocal, Adele decides to undergo throat surgery and take timeout for the rest of the year in order to recover properly and fully. In doing so, she's forced to cancel all of the 2011 remaining concerts and promotional appearances.
The cancellation is under doctors' orders, and Adele won't be "looking to schedule any work commitments" until she completely recuperates. "We apologize for any inconvenience and disappointment caused, and appreciate your understanding during this time," her camp says.
In a lengthy blog post on October 4, Adele shared the full story of her voice trouble, explaining that the problem first arose in January and her voice "was weakened by a bout of flu from December." She hadn't fully recovered when kicking off the tour in March, leading her to being diagnosed with laryngitis.
The problem got worse when she suffered a hemorrhage and later developed a respiratory and chest infection. "I have never been able to fully recover from any of the problems that I've had and then continue to rest even once I'm recovered, because of my touring commitments," she explained.
She scrapped all the 2011 dates in the United States back then, and now additionally cancels the ones which were set in U.K. for November engagement. "Ticket holders for all canceled live dates will receive a refund from the point of purchase," it's explained further.
For those who can't wait for her to return from the impending hiatus, they could purchase a live CD/DVD package featuring her performance at the Royal Albert Hall earlier this year. The effort is due in the U.S. on November 29 and will be filled with her rousing performance, which includes her hits from "19" and "21" albums.
The canceled dates:
- Oct. 07 - Atlantic City, NJ at Borgata Spa
- Oct. 08 - Durham, NC at Performing Arts Center
- Oct. 10 - Nashville, TN at Ryman Auditorium
- Oct. 11 - Asheville, NC at Thomas Wolfe Auditorium
- Oct. 13 - Orlando, FL at Hard Rock Live
- Oct. 14 - Miami, FL at Waterfront Theatre
- Oct. 16 - Atlanta, GA at Fox Theatre
- Oct. 18 - Spring, TX at Cynthia Woods Mitchell Pavillion
- Oct. 19 - Austin, TX at Frank Erwin Center
- Oct. 21 - Grand Prairie, TX at Verizon Theatre
- Nov. 07 - Wolverhampton at Civic Hall
- Nov. 08 - Wolverhampton at Civic Hall
- Nov. 10 - Blackpool at Empress Ballroom
- Nov. 12 - Bournemouth at BIC
- Nov. 14 - Cardiff at Motorpoint Arena
- Nov. 15 - Plymouth at Pavillions
More Adele News
- Lindsay Lohan Is Facing Bankruptcy After Failing to Pay Rent on $4.2M London Flat
- Kanye West Shares Emotional Throwback Video of Kim Kardashian on Her 36th Birthday
- Anne Hathaway Admits She Faked Happiness During Her 2013 Oscar Win
- 'Real Housewives of Miami' Star Larsa Splits From Husband Scottie Pippen Amid Future Romance Rumor
- Former Bachelorette Desiree Hartsock Gives Birth to Baby Boy
- Jennifer Lawrence to Lead Zelda Fitzgerald Biopic
- Kim Kardashian's Family Shares Throwbacks and Birthday Wishes as She Turns 36
- Chris Pratt to Return to TV as Guest Star on His Wife Anna Faris' 'Mom'