'Sex and the City' Actor Mario Cantone Has Wed Partner of 20 Years
Mario Cantone is officially a married man. The actor famous for his portrayal of Anthony Marentino on HBO's series "Sex and the City" announced during an appearance on ABC's "The View" on Friday, October 28 that he recently tied the knot with his partner of 20 years, Jerry Dixon.
The 51-year-old actor and his musical theater director partner made their union official after New York legalized same-sex marriage in June. To host and fellow newlywed Joy Behar, he revealed, "I got married for the same reasons you did. We're older now. We've been together 20 years. After 20 years you're like, 'Thanks for the anticlimactic honeymoon, government!' "
Of the big day, Mario said during the interview, "It was beautiful, just my family there." Spilling more details about his nuptials, the stand-up comedian shared that the ceremony was officiated by pastor Jamie Bakker, the son of late televangelist Tammy Faye Bakker. As for his husband, he gushed, "I love him. He's a good man."
- New 'Luke Cage' Trailer Reveals Surprise Cameos
- Jessica Simpson's Marriage in Trouble? She and Husband Reportedly 'Fighting Non-Stop' for Months
- 'Dancing with the Stars' Recap: Which Pairs Win Immunity in Face-Off Week?
- Rob Kardashian Tweets Kylie's Number as He Blasts His Family for Snubbing Blac Chyna
- Report: Drake Is Actually Gay and His Rihanna Romance Is Fake
- Tom Holland Spotted Filming 'Spider-Man: Homecoming' in NYC Subway
- Audrina Patridge Shares Sweet Photo of Her Breastfeeding Her Daughter
- 'Will and Grace' Stars Reunite for Hillary Clinton Endorsement Video