'Sex and the City' Actor Mario Cantone Has Wed Partner of 20 Years
Mario Cantone is officially a married man. The actor famous for his portrayal of Anthony Marentino on HBO's series "Sex and the City" announced during an appearance on ABC's "The View" on Friday, October 28 that he recently tied the knot with his partner of 20 years, Jerry Dixon.
The 51-year-old actor and his musical theater director partner made their union official after New York legalized same-sex marriage in June. To host and fellow newlywed Joy Behar, he revealed, "I got married for the same reasons you did. We're older now. We've been together 20 years. After 20 years you're like, 'Thanks for the anticlimactic honeymoon, government!' "
Of the big day, Mario said during the interview, "It was beautiful, just my family there." Spilling more details about his nuptials, the stand-up comedian shared that the ceremony was officiated by pastor Jamie Bakker, the son of late televangelist Tammy Faye Bakker. As for his husband, he gushed, "I love him. He's a good man."
- Anne Hathaway Admits She Faked Happiness During Her 2013 Oscar Win
- 'Real Housewives of Miami' Star Larsa Splits From Husband Scottie Pippen Amid Future Romance Rumor
- Former Bachelorette Desiree Hartsock Gives Birth to Baby Boy
- Jennifer Lawrence to Lead Zelda Fitzgerald Biopic
- Kim Kardashian's Family Shares Throwbacks and Birthday Wishes as She Turns 36
- Chris Pratt to Return to TV as Guest Star on His Wife Anna Faris' 'Mom'
- Katy Perry and Pharrell Williams Named Co-Chairs for 2017 Met Gala
- Shailene Woodley Writes Powerful Essay About Her Arrest During Pipeline Protest