'Sex and the City' Actor Mario Cantone Has Wed Partner of 20 Years
Mario Cantone is officially a married man. The actor famous for his portrayal of Anthony Marentino on HBO's series "Sex and the City" announced during an appearance on ABC's "The View" on Friday, October 28 that he recently tied the knot with his partner of 20 years, Jerry Dixon.
The 51-year-old actor and his musical theater director partner made their union official after New York legalized same-sex marriage in June. To host and fellow newlywed Joy Behar, he revealed, "I got married for the same reasons you did. We're older now. We've been together 20 years. After 20 years you're like, 'Thanks for the anticlimactic honeymoon, government!' "
Of the big day, Mario said during the interview, "It was beautiful, just my family there." Spilling more details about his nuptials, the stand-up comedian shared that the ceremony was officiated by pastor Jamie Bakker, the son of late televangelist Tammy Faye Bakker. As for his husband, he gushed, "I love him. He's a good man."
- Derek Hough and Tony Dovolani Not Returning for 'Dancing with the Stars' Season 24
- Colton Haynes to Make Live Singing Debut in Tribute Performance for George Michael
- 'Jurassic World 2' First Set Photo Arrives as Filming Begins
- Behati Prinsloo Wows on First Post-Baby Runway Show at Milan Fashion Week
- A Green Lantern Is Reportedly Confirmed in 'Justice League'
- New Photos Seem to Confirm Diane Kruger and Norman Reedus' Romance Rumors
- 'Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.': Is Nick Blood Returning in Season 4?
- Happy 'Twin Peaks' Day! Showtime Unveils Posters for Revival