'Sex and the City' Actor Mario Cantone Has Wed Partner of 20 Years
Mario Cantone is officially a married man. The actor famous for his portrayal of Anthony Marentino on HBO's series "Sex and the City" announced during an appearance on ABC's "The View" on Friday, October 28 that he recently tied the knot with his partner of 20 years, Jerry Dixon.
The 51-year-old actor and his musical theater director partner made their union official after New York legalized same-sex marriage in June. To host and fellow newlywed Joy Behar, he revealed, "I got married for the same reasons you did. We're older now. We've been together 20 years. After 20 years you're like, 'Thanks for the anticlimactic honeymoon, government!' "
Of the big day, Mario said during the interview, "It was beautiful, just my family there." Spilling more details about his nuptials, the stand-up comedian shared that the ceremony was officiated by pastor Jamie Bakker, the son of late televangelist Tammy Faye Bakker. As for his husband, he gushed, "I love him. He's a good man."
- Watch 'Carpool Karaoke' With Madonna and Find Out Juicy Detail of Her Night Out With Michael Jackson
- Major Lazer Mashes Up Biggest Hits of the Year for YouTube Rewind 2016 Video
- John Cena Promises to Destroy 'Saturday Night Live' in New Promo
- Katy Perry Joins Jennifer Aniston at 'Office Christmas Party' L.A. Premiere
- Kardashian Sisters Try to Block Blac Chyna From Trademarking Their Family Name. How She Reacts?
- Nick Cannon Hits Back at Dane Cook Who Shamed Him for Wearing Turban
- Johnny Depp Dubbed Hollywood's Most Overpaid Actor Again by Forbes
- 'The Bachelor' Season 21 Cast Photos: Meet 30 Girls Vying for Nick Viall's Heart