'Sex and the City' Actor Mario Cantone Has Wed Partner of 20 Years
Mario Cantone is officially a married man. The actor famous for his portrayal of Anthony Marentino on HBO's series "Sex and the City" announced during an appearance on ABC's "The View" on Friday, October 28 that he recently tied the knot with his partner of 20 years, Jerry Dixon.
The 51-year-old actor and his musical theater director partner made their union official after New York legalized same-sex marriage in June. To host and fellow newlywed Joy Behar, he revealed, "I got married for the same reasons you did. We're older now. We've been together 20 years. After 20 years you're like, 'Thanks for the anticlimactic honeymoon, government!' "
Of the big day, Mario said during the interview, "It was beautiful, just my family there." Spilling more details about his nuptials, the stand-up comedian shared that the ceremony was officiated by pastor Jamie Bakker, the son of late televangelist Tammy Faye Bakker. As for his husband, he gushed, "I love him. He's a good man."
- BET Awards 2016: Drake and Future Among First Winners
- BET Awards 2016: See Alicia Keys, Janelle Monae, Karrueche Tran's Showstopping Styles on Red Carpet
- Pregnant Blac Chyna Gets Striptease From Mariah Carey's Dancer on Vegas Stage
- Aziz Ansari Puts Donald Trump on Blast in Scathing Op-Ed Over Anti-Muslim Remarks
- Steven Tyler Confirms Aerosmith's 2017 Farewell Tour
- 'Rogue One' Releases More New Photos. Also Get Detail of Mon Mothma's Bigger Role
- Taylor Swift Flies to U.K. to Meet Tom Hiddleston's Mom. See Picture of Their Happy Outing
- 'Game of Thrones' Season Finale Won't Slow Down the Pace, People Will Die