Stuntman Killed When Filming Explosion Scene for 'Expendables II' in Bulgaria
Bad news comes from the set of star-studded action film "The Expendables II". A stuntman has died while filming the upcoming Simon West-directed movie in Bulgaria. According to local reports, the incident happened on Thursday, October 27 at 7 P.M. during the shooting at a reservoir around 15 miles outside the capital Sofia.
The accident took place when two stunts, both reportedly are Chinese origin, were performing a stunt involving an explosion in a rubber boat at Ognyanovo dam near Elin Pelin. According to the police, one of them was killed while the other one was injured and taken to Tokuda hospital. The injured stuntman was reportedly in stable condition, but is unconscious.
Sources said that the injured stuntman was on "command breathing" and under close observation. He reportedly had a five-hour long operation, in which heart and stomach surgeons as well as orthopedicians and urologists all took part.
There are no further details whether any stars of the movie were on the set during the accident or whether the incident will affect the shooting schedule. Meanwhile, West was reportedly present when the tragedy happened. The production of the film has been started a few weeks ago in Bulgaria and is scheduled to continue until December.
A sequel to 2010's "The Expendables", "The Expendables II" stars Sylvester Stallone, Arnold Schwarzenegger, Bruce Willis, Jason Statham, Dolph Lundgren, Liam Hemsworth, Terry Crews, Jet Li, Chuck Norris and Jean-Claude Van Damme. It is scheduled to arrive in theaters across the U.S. on August 17, 2012.
- Khloe Kardashian Reveals Secret to Her Big and Perky Butt
- Disney Opens Up About Leia's Role, Han Solo Movie and the Future of 'Star Wars'
- Rihanna's Pals Begging Her to Stay Away From Chris Brown Amid Rumors Exes Are Reconnecting
- Elisabeth Moss Stands Up for Herself in 'Handmaid's Tale' Full Trailer
- Kendrick Lamar Goes After Donald Trump and Fellow Rapper on 'The Heart Part 4'
- New 'Alien: Covenant' Poster Features Xenomorphs Suffocating the Engineers
- Listen to David Guetta's 'Light My Body Up' Feat. Nicki Minaj and Lil Wayne
- Britney Spears Freaks Out After Sex Tape Leaks Online