Stuntman Killed When Filming Explosion Scene for 'Expendables II' in Bulgaria
Bad news comes from the set of star-studded action film "The Expendables II". A stuntman has died while filming the upcoming Simon West-directed movie in Bulgaria. According to local reports, the incident happened on Thursday, October 27 at 7 P.M. during the shooting at a reservoir around 15 miles outside the capital Sofia.
The accident took place when two stunts, both reportedly are Chinese origin, were performing a stunt involving an explosion in a rubber boat at Ognyanovo dam near Elin Pelin. According to the police, one of them was killed while the other one was injured and taken to Tokuda hospital. The injured stuntman was reportedly in stable condition, but is unconscious.
Sources said that the injured stuntman was on "command breathing" and under close observation. He reportedly had a five-hour long operation, in which heart and stomach surgeons as well as orthopedicians and urologists all took part.
There are no further details whether any stars of the movie were on the set during the accident or whether the incident will affect the shooting schedule. Meanwhile, West was reportedly present when the tragedy happened. The production of the film has been started a few weeks ago in Bulgaria and is scheduled to continue until December.
A sequel to 2010's "The Expendables", "The Expendables II" stars Sylvester Stallone, Arnold Schwarzenegger, Bruce Willis, Jason Statham, Dolph Lundgren, Liam Hemsworth, Terry Crews, Jet Li, Chuck Norris and Jean-Claude Van Damme. It is scheduled to arrive in theaters across the U.S. on August 17, 2012.
- Kanye West Robbed, Computers Stolen From His Studio
- 'Transformers: The Last Knight' Announces Big Reveal on May 31
- Dwayne Johnson Hints at Darker Hobbs in 'Fast and Furious 8' Image
- Paul Bettany Defends Johnny Depp Amid Amber Heard's Domestic Violence Accusations
- Khloe, Kourtney Kardashian, Tyga Celebrate Scott Disick's Birthday in Vegas
- Kate Beckinsale: Michael Bay Was Baffled Because 'My Boobs Weren't Bigger Than My Head'
- 'Maze Runner 3' Pushed Back to 2018 as Dylan O'Brien Is Still on the Mend After On-Set Accident
- PND Serenades Kylie Jenner After She Called Him Out for Deleting Her on Social Media