'NCIS: Los Angeles' to Fire Main Detective
Prepare to bid goodbye to one of main characters on "NCIS: Los Angeles" in the next few weeks. Executive producer Shane Brennan has spilled the beans that in episode 10 of season 3, Hetty will axe one member of her team after an assignment gone wrong.
"Hetty drags out the dreadful chopping block, sharpens the blade, and she takes off Deeks' head - figuratively," Brennan jokingly says, before confirming that it is [SPOILER ALERT!] Marty Deeks who will leave the Office of Special Projects Team as saying, "Yes, Deeks is fired."
On why Deeks has to get through this unpleasant storyline, the show's creator explains, "As you'll see in the teaser of this episode, he screws up royally." He continues telling TVLine, "Hetty has no choice but to fire him. She has absolutely no choice."
Brennan goes on dishing that "the ramifications [of Deeks' firing] will be felt, especially with the Deeks-Kensi relationship." He adds, "Kensi (Daniela Ruah) takes it badly on a couple of levels," before teasing, "Kensi gives Deeks a little lip... It is one not to be missed for the Kensi-Deeks fans."
Despite the farewell moment, Brennan says the upcoming episode, which airs on November 22, will still feature some humor. "It's a really powerful episode with this great 'What the hell has happened?!' aspect to it," he gushes. "But at the same time, it's got comedy and lots of twists and turns."
The said outing will additionally find Deeks "quite literally and figuratively out on a ledge, at a high-rise." Brennan continues claiming that Eric Christian Olsen, who plays Deeks, "is just loving this episode - though I don't think the fans will like it much! And yet they will."
Deeks accepted the position of NCIS / LAPD Liaison Officer toward the end of season 1. After being dumped from NCIS, he will likely return as an LAPD detective.
- Find Out How Jaden Smith Tricked His Dad Will Smith Into Letting Him Drink on His Birthday
- Jean-Claude Van Damme Walks Out of TV Interview After Reporter Asks This Question
- Matt Damon Will Take a Break From Acting Next Year
- Kanye West Launches Twitter Rants About Apple and Tidal Beef
- Tyler Posey Clarifies 'I Am Gay' Snapchat Video, Apologizes for Fake Coming Out
- Nick Jonas Offered $2 Million to Perform at RNC
- Director Paul Feig Slams Sony for Deleting 'Ghostbusters' Pro-Hillary Tweet
- 'Game of Thrones' Set to End With Season 8, Spin-Off Plan Confirmed