Video: Coldplay Cover Rihanna's 'We Found Love' at BBC Radio 1
Coldplay played their own spin on Rihanna's latest No. 1 single "We Found Love" earlier this week. The British band fronted by Chris Martin did the cover when visiting BBC Radio 1's Live Lounge as part of promotion for their new album "Mylo Xyloto".
The "Fix You" hitmakers performed the dance track with a twist. They stripped all of the Calvin Harris upbeat synth and replaced it with some twinkling piano keys, breezy guitar rifts and drum sound. Riri herself approved the remix, calling it "cool."
Prior to the "We Found Love" cover, Coldplay have already been linked to Rihanna due to their collaboration in a new song called "Princess of China". In the studio hookup, they sing back and forth about a love that they thought could be real but turned out to be just a fairytale.
Coldplay have just released "Mylo Xyloto" across the United States on October 25. Rihanna, meanwhile, is preparing to release her latest studio installment "Talk That Talk" in the country on November 21.
- 'The Voice' Season 12 Sneak Peek: Watch 29-Year-Old J. Chosen Blow the Coaches' Mind
- Sinead O'Connor Apologizes for Saying Arsenio Hall Gave Prince Drugs
- See Lethal Charlize Theron in New 'Atomic Blonde' Poster
- Brooklyn Beckham Gets Dating Advice From Anais Gallagher
- Nicole Scherzinger Goes Underwear Free in Dazzling Dress at BRIT Awards After-Party
- 'This Is Us' to Bring Back Ron Cephas Jones in Season 2 After That Emotional Road Trip
- Gigi and Bella Hadid Go Vampy for Milan Fashion Week
- NBC's 'Taken' Opening Scene Reveals How Bryan Mills' Sister Is Murdered