Video: Coldplay Cover Rihanna's 'We Found Love' at BBC Radio 1
Coldplay played their own spin on Rihanna's latest No. 1 single "We Found Love" earlier this week. The British band fronted by Chris Martin did the cover when visiting BBC Radio 1's Live Lounge as part of promotion for their new album "Mylo Xyloto".
The "Fix You" hitmakers performed the dance track with a twist. They stripped all of the Calvin Harris upbeat synth and replaced it with some twinkling piano keys, breezy guitar rifts and drum sound. Riri herself approved the remix, calling it "cool."
Prior to the "We Found Love" cover, Coldplay have already been linked to Rihanna due to their collaboration in a new song called "Princess of China". In the studio hookup, they sing back and forth about a love that they thought could be real but turned out to be just a fairytale.
Coldplay have just released "Mylo Xyloto" across the United States on October 25. Rihanna, meanwhile, is preparing to release her latest studio installment "Talk That Talk" in the country on November 21.
More Coldplay News
- Sharon Osbourne Faces Backlash After Undergoing Plastic Surgery for Her Ageless Look
- At Rob Lowe Roast, Ann Coulter Ends Up on the Receiving End of Comics' Jabs
- Jennifer Garner Appears to Be Crying During a Reunion With Ben Affleck
- Is Tupac Still Alive? Rapper's New Selfie Arrives 20 Years After His Death
- New 'Westworld' Trailer Sets Clear Distinction Between Reality and Fantasy
- New 'Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children' Featurette Highlights 'Fierce Female' Characters
- Drake Trips on Rihanna's Dress After Declaring His Love for Her at the 2016 MTV VMAs
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' 2.10 Preview: Travis and Chris Run Into New Group