Video: Coldplay Cover Rihanna's 'We Found Love' at BBC Radio 1
Coldplay played their own spin on Rihanna's latest No. 1 single "We Found Love" earlier this week. The British band fronted by Chris Martin did the cover when visiting BBC Radio 1's Live Lounge as part of promotion for their new album "Mylo Xyloto".
The "Fix You" hitmakers performed the dance track with a twist. They stripped all of the Calvin Harris upbeat synth and replaced it with some twinkling piano keys, breezy guitar rifts and drum sound. Riri herself approved the remix, calling it "cool."
Prior to the "We Found Love" cover, Coldplay have already been linked to Rihanna due to their collaboration in a new song called "Princess of China". In the studio hookup, they sing back and forth about a love that they thought could be real but turned out to be just a fairytale.
Coldplay have just released "Mylo Xyloto" across the United States on October 25. Rihanna, meanwhile, is preparing to release her latest studio installment "Talk That Talk" in the country on November 21.
More Coldplay News
- Wait... What? Is Tiger Woods Saying He Doesn't Regret Cheating on Elin Nordegren?
- Marvel Pulls 'Invincible Iron Man' Cover After Accusations of 'Sexualizing' Its Underage Hero
- No More Sexy Selfies? Kim Kardashian Is Re-Emerging 'More Covered Up' and 'Less Make-Up'
- Drake Hints at Releasing New Music on His 30th Birthday. Get Details on His Celebration
- Blac Chyna Pokes Fun at Her Pregnancy Curves, Compares Herself to a Pokemon
- Amy Adams and Jake Gyllenhaal's Love Turns to Hatred in 'Nocturnal Animals' First Full Trailer
- Jay-Z and Beyonce Are Both Upset With 'Nut Job' Kanye West Following His Rant
- Justin Bieber Scolds Concertgoers for Screaming at Manchester Show