Video: Coldplay Cover Rihanna's 'We Found Love' at BBC Radio 1
Coldplay played their own spin on Rihanna's latest No. 1 single "We Found Love" earlier this week. The British band fronted by Chris Martin did the cover when visiting BBC Radio 1's Live Lounge as part of promotion for their new album "Mylo Xyloto".
The "Fix You" hitmakers performed the dance track with a twist. They stripped all of the Calvin Harris upbeat synth and replaced it with some twinkling piano keys, breezy guitar rifts and drum sound. Riri herself approved the remix, calling it "cool."
Prior to the "We Found Love" cover, Coldplay have already been linked to Rihanna due to their collaboration in a new song called "Princess of China". In the studio hookup, they sing back and forth about a love that they thought could be real but turned out to be just a fairytale.
Coldplay have just released "Mylo Xyloto" across the United States on October 25. Rihanna, meanwhile, is preparing to release her latest studio installment "Talk That Talk" in the country on November 21.
More Coldplay News
- 'Westworld' Reveals Who the Man in Black Is, but There Are Bigger Twists
- Madonna Accused of Getting Butt Implants After Onstage Twerk With Ariana Grande
- Jonah Hill Involved in Serious Car Accident in L.A. - Is He Okay?
- The Weeknd Scores Second No. 1 Album on Billboard 200 With 'Starboy'
- 'American Honey' Is Triumphant at British Independent Film Awards
- Artist of the Week: Zay Hilfigerrr
- Gwen Stefani Fails to Cover Her Neck Hickey During an Outing With Her Kids
- Find Out When Kim Kardashian Will Return to Social Media