Video: Coldplay Cover Rihanna's 'We Found Love' at BBC Radio 1
Coldplay played their own spin on Rihanna's latest No. 1 single "We Found Love" earlier this week. The British band fronted by Chris Martin did the cover when visiting BBC Radio 1's Live Lounge as part of promotion for their new album "Mylo Xyloto".
The "Fix You" hitmakers performed the dance track with a twist. They stripped all of the Calvin Harris upbeat synth and replaced it with some twinkling piano keys, breezy guitar rifts and drum sound. Riri herself approved the remix, calling it "cool."
Prior to the "We Found Love" cover, Coldplay have already been linked to Rihanna due to their collaboration in a new song called "Princess of China". In the studio hookup, they sing back and forth about a love that they thought could be real but turned out to be just a fairytale.
Coldplay have just released "Mylo Xyloto" across the United States on October 25. Rihanna, meanwhile, is preparing to release her latest studio installment "Talk That Talk" in the country on November 21.
More Coldplay News
- 'Pitch Perfect 3' Release Pushed Back to Winter 2017
- Amber Heard Claims Police Lie About Finding No Evidence to Protect Johnny Depp
- 'Mary Poppins Returns' Gets Christmas Release Date and Official Synopsis
- Khloe Kardashian Cozying Up to Odell Beckham Jr. at Drake's Memorial Day Party
- Keira Knightley Defended by Directors and Fellow Stars After John Carney Trashed Her
- Jena Malone and Boyfriend Welcome Baby Boy - Meet Baby Ode!
- 'Shield' Actor Michael Jace Convicted of Second-Degree Murder for Shooting His Wife
- First Look at Harry, Ginny and Albus in 'Harry Potter and the Cursed Child'