Marie Osmond: I Didn't Realize I Have a Bad Case of Bronchitis
Marie Osmond has been diagnosed with a bad case of bronchitis. The "Paper Roses" hitmaker herself revealed that she didn't realize she has lung problem until her voice started to give out during a section of Donny & Marie's variety show at the Flamingo Las Vegas on Wednesday, October 26 night.
"So the allergies went into a bronchitis," the younger sister of Donny Osmond explained about her condition to her Twitter followers on Thursday, October 27. In the same tweet, she noted, "Didn't realize it until I went to hit the high notes last night on stage. Pie Jesu was kinda P-U."
Earlier Thursday, Marie's spokesman Greg Sperry told the Las Vegas Sun that the 52-year-old was rushed to the hospital after she finished her Wednesday night performance because of concerns about her vocal cords. After a series of X-rays and tests at St. Rose Dominican Hospital Sienna Campus Emergency Room, the singer was cleared to perform again on Thursday night.
Marie herself has also tweeted about her plans to return to the stage on Thursday. "Getting ready to go to the show," so she wrote on her Twitter account. "Big doll event tonight. Nothing could make me miss this. ;)" Greg did note, however, that some numbers might be cut or shortened to give Marie's voice some rest.
- 'Logan' Producer Hints at X-23 Solo Movie
- Jamie Foxx Called 'Disrespectful' by Nyle DiMarco for Making Up Sign Language on 'Fallon'
- John Boyega Play in London Cut Short Due to Bomb Threat
- Joseph Duggar Engaged to Kendra Caldwell at His Sister Joy-Anna's Wedding
- Gregg Allman Dies After Battle With Liver Cancer, Ex-Wife Cher Mourns Him
- Watch a Preview of Halsey and Lauren Jauregui's 'Strangers' Video
- Beyonce Channels Michael Jackson in Throwback Photos
- Blac Chyna Licks Christina Milian's Boob in NSFW Pic