Steven Tyler Insists Bathroom Fall Has Nothing to Do With Drugs
Steven Tyler is trying to clear up the air from rumors that he has fallen off the wagon. Two days after he had a nasty fall in a hotel bathroom in Paraguay, the lead singer of Aerosmith phoned in to the "Today" show to assure others that the incident was caused by food poisoning, and was not the result of a relapse.
While images of him sporting a black eye and broken teeth are being shown, the "American Idol" judge recalled what really happened on Tuesday, October 25. He told Matt Lauer, "Quite frankly I just passed out. I was on the shower and I got nauseous and I started to get sick and I fell on my face, passed out, and woke up with the water running over me wondering where the hell I was."
When the speculation of him using again was mentioned, Steven responded, "Being in the program, it's something we have to expect. People thinking that is natural and normal. We flew last night from Paraguay after that incident and we're in Argentina for two hours. And anyone who knows anyone who uses substances wouldn't be up at this hour having a talk with Matt Lauer and the rest of America."
"It's nothing I don't understand," the 63-year-old rocker added. "It still bothers me a little, but it's something that I have to deal with for the rest of my life." When Matt pressed on further by asking, "So you're clean and sober? That's not the issue?", he simply stated, "No, it's not the issue."
During the chat, Steven joked that the fall was his version of "Montezuma's revenge". He also revealed that he got four stitches to the eye, some reparative plastic surgery and two dental implants at the hospital referred to his manager by the U.S. Embassy, gushing that "it was like one-stop shopping. They stitched up my eye, they did a little plastic surgery, and they fixed my tooth, all in one fell swoop."
Steven was rushed to a hospital emergency room in Paraguay after he fell in a shower in his hotel room on Tuesday. The mishap forced him to postpone his performance with Aerosmith at a rock festival to Wednesday, October 26. Of the performance, he said, "We rocked. We broke the house record. So not only did I break my face but the next night we broke the house record. Life is beautiful."
- Sharon Osbourne Faces Backlash After Undergoing Plastic Surgery for Her Ageless Look
- At Rob Lowe Roast, Ann Coulter Ends Up on the Receiving End of Comics' Jabs
- Jennifer Garner Appears to Be Crying During a Reunion With Ben Affleck
- Is Tupac Still Alive? Rapper's New Selfie Arrives 20 Years After His Death
- New 'Westworld' Trailer Sets Clear Distinction Between Reality and Fantasy
- New 'Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children' Featurette Highlights 'Fierce Female' Characters
- Drake Trips on Rihanna's Dress After Declaring His Love for Her at the 2016 MTV VMAs
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' 2.10 Preview: Travis and Chris Run Into New Group