Charlie Sheen's 'Anger Management' to Debut in Summer 2012 on FX
Charlie Sheen's sitcom "Anger Management" finds home at FX. The cable network has picked up the new project starring the former "Two and a Half Men" actor with an initial order of 10 episodes to launch in summer 2012.
"We think that Bruce Helford, Joe Roth and Charlie Sheen have come up with a wonderful, hilarious vehicle for Charlie's acting talents - and a character we are very much looking forward to seeing him play," said FX president John Landgraf on late Thursday, October 27.
"Two and a Half Men [reruns have] been an outstanding component of FX's schedule for the past 14 months, and we have every confidence that 'Anger Management' will soon be as well," he added. If the new series is successful, the network will order additional 90 episodes followed with broadcast syndication launch by distributor Debmar-Mercury in fall 2014.
"Anger Management" is based on the 2003 hit comedy film of the same name produced by Roth. It follows Adam Sandler as a mild-mannered, non-confrontational man who is ordered to attend group anger management sessions led by a volatile therapist (Jack Nicholson). Sheen will reportedly play a character like Nicholson's.
Roth will produce the series along with Sheen, who has previously said that he will have a "real ownership in the series" and "a certain amount of creative control." Helford, who created "The Drew Carey Show", serves as a showrunner.
- 'Game of Thrones' Stars Talk About the Bloodbath and Power Transfer in Season Finale
- Deadpool Makes Surprise Appearance in 'X-Men: Apocalypse' Japanese Trailer
- 50 Cent Arrested in the Caribbean for Saying 'Motherf**ker' at Music Festival
- Adele Burps While Taking Selfie With a Fan Onstage. See the Hilarious Video
- Rihanna Previews New Song 'Sledgehammer' From 'Star Trek Beyond'
- Mariah Carey Shows Off Bare Butts at Her DJ Debut in Las Vegas
- Justin Timberlake Attacked by Twitter Users for His Comment on Jesse Williams' BET Awards Speech
- Artist of the Week: Calvin Harris