Tom Cruise Goes Death-Defying in New 'Mission: Impossible 4' Featurette
Tom Cruise fearlessly climbs up the world's tallest building, Burj Khalifa, without using any body double in "Mission: Impossible Ghost Protocol". The stunt has been teased in a new featurette for the upcoming film that gives a look at the scene set in Dubai.
In the video, 49-year-old Tom is seen dangling off the skyscraper which height is not less than 2,723 feet. He is also seen bravely running up, down and sideways on the exterior of the building. "This is just another day at work on 'Mission: Impossible'," so director Brad Bird says in the video.
Scheduled to hit U.S. theaters on December 21, "Mission Impossible 4" is set at the time when the IMF is shut down as it is implicated in a global terrorist bombing plot. Tom's Ethan Hunt and his "Ghost Protocol" team must go undercover to clear their organization's name. They have to do the mission with no help, no contact and off the grid.
Jeremy Renner, Paula Patton, Simon Pegg and Josh Holloway also support the movie. In addition to reprising his role as Ethan, Tom also serves as the producer along with Paula Wagner as well as "Super 8" director J.J. Abrams.
- Are Jon Hamm and Jenny Slate Dating? Pal Says 'They're a Perfect Match'
- Emily Ratajkowski Parades Her Impressive Bum in Tiny Thong Bikini in Italy
- Going Too Far? Halsey Shades Britney Spears, Demi Lovato and Katy Perry
- Are Park Bo Gum and Jang Nara Getting Married?
- Will Ferrell's 'The House' Co-Star Speaks Up About Mariah Carey's Diva Behaviors on Set
- Here's Why Kenya Moore Kept Her Husband's Identity Secret
- Taylor Swift Makes Many Heartbreak Songs for New Album Despite Blooming Romance With Joe Alwyn
- Are They Hooking Up? Amber Rose Spotted Leaving a Club With 21 Savage