Tom Cruise Goes Death-Defying in New 'Mission: Impossible 4' Featurette
Tom Cruise fearlessly climbs up the world's tallest building, Burj Khalifa, without using any body double in "Mission: Impossible Ghost Protocol". The stunt has been teased in a new featurette for the upcoming film that gives a look at the scene set in Dubai.
In the video, 49-year-old Tom is seen dangling off the skyscraper which height is not less than 2,723 feet. He is also seen bravely running up, down and sideways on the exterior of the building. "This is just another day at work on 'Mission: Impossible'," so director Brad Bird says in the video.
Scheduled to hit U.S. theaters on December 21, "Mission Impossible 4" is set at the time when the IMF is shut down as it is implicated in a global terrorist bombing plot. Tom's Ethan Hunt and his "Ghost Protocol" team must go undercover to clear their organization's name. They have to do the mission with no help, no contact and off the grid.
Jeremy Renner, Paula Patton, Simon Pegg and Josh Holloway also support the movie. In addition to reprising his role as Ethan, Tom also serves as the producer along with Paula Wagner as well as "Super 8" director J.J. Abrams.
- Katt Williams Arrested for Allegedly Assaulting a Woman
- Comic-Con: 'Sherlock' Season 4 Trailer Teases the Demons Within, Star Says It's the Darkest Season
- Moving on? Iggy Azalea Spotted Cozying Up to French Montana at Las Vegas Club
- Lil Wayne Abruptly Walks Off Stage at Marijuana Festival After Just 10 Minutes
- Despite Chipped Tooth and Skin Rash, Kim Kardashian Has Lots of Fun at Las Vegas Party
- Comic-Con: Brie Larson Officially Named Captain Marvel
- Comic-Con: 'The Vampire Diaries' Announced to End With Season 8. How Fans React?
- After Breaking Down on Stage, Selena Gomez Posts Cryptic Message on Instagram