Video: Johnny Depp Still Upset at Ricky Gervais' Golden Globes Jokes
Johnny Depp still holds a grudge against Ricky Gervais after the "Ghost Town" actor trashed him at 2010 Golden Globe Awards, so is the premise of a sketch on "Life's Too Short". In a sneak peek to the new comedy, the "Rango" star is introduced by Warwick Davis to the creator of U.K.'s "The Office" and he remembers him from the awarding ceremony.
After stubbing his cigarette out into Gervais' glass of water, Depp tells the "Extras" writer that Helena Bonham Carter thinks Gervais is an idiot. When the British comedian asks if he has done something that offends Depp, the "Pirates of the Carribean" star replies, "What do you mean? Like trashing me in front of 200 million people at the Golden Globes?"
Depp later makes it clear that he is not happy about Gervais poking fun at his film during the Golden Globes and plans to seek revenge on it. "I actually got together with a few pals after the awards, and we wrote some jokes about you," so the "21 Jump Street" alum warns Gervais.
Tracing back to the past, Gervais said, "It seems like everything this year was three-dimensional, except the characters in 'The Tourist'.... I'm jumping on the bandwagon, because I haven't even seen 'The Tourist'. Who has?" at the prize-giving event last year.
He went on adding, "I'd like to quash the rumors that the only reason 'The Tourist' was nominated was so that the Hollywood Foreign Press can hang out with Johnny Depp and Angelina Jolie."
"Life's Too Short" itself is a new show written and executive produced by Gervais alongside Stephen Merchant. It follows Davis as a fictionalized version of himself, a person who has fallen on hard times and desperately tries to hustle and connive his way back into the spotlight.
The series will make its debut on November 10 on BBC2 and will air in the U.S. on HBO in 2012. Depp will appear as a cameo in addition to the likes of Steve Carell, Helena Bonham Carter and Liam Neeson.
- Bad Blood! Jennifer Aniston and Chelsea Handler Are Feuding
- Amanda Bynes Blacklists Parents as She Relaunches Career
- George Clooney and Amal Are Moving Their Children to L.A. for Safety Reasons
- Hugh Jackman Launches His First Circus in 'The Greatest Showman' Trailer
- Inside J.Lo and Alex Rodriguez's Secret Romantic Proposal in Paris
- Ex-Sistar Member Bora Is Dating Big Star's Feeldog
- The Obamas' Balinese Vacation Pictures: See the Family During Temple Visit and Rafting
- Ritz-Carlton Responds After Leslie Jones Accused It of Racism