Johnny Depp Shocked by Fire Breath in New 'Rum Diary' Clip
A new clip for "The Rum Diary" has been unleashed just a few days before the movie arrives in U.S. theaters. Titled "Extraction Area", the brand new sneak-peek video highlights one of the hilarious moments in the film.
In it, Johnny Depp's Paul Kemp is seen lighting a cigarette although his friend warns him not to. As he starts to smoke, his friend suddenly gulps some gasoline before bursting a fire from his mouth, making Kemp shocked.
Based on a novel by the late Hunter S. Thompson, "The Rum Diary" centers on Kemp, an itinerant journalist who travels to the pristine island of Puerto Rico to escape the noise and madness of New York and the crushing conventions of late Eisenhower-era America. There, he works for a local San Juan newspaper run by the downtrodden editor Lotterman.
In a recent panel discussion for "The Rum Diary" at the Columbia School of Journalism, Depp who was a close friend to Thompson said that he wanted to honor his late pal by starring in the movie. He said that before Thompson died, the author wanted to adapt the story to the big screen. "Good God, man, we should make this into a film!" so Depp recalled what his pal told him.
To open in theaters across the U.S. on October 28, the movie is directed and written by Bruce Robinson. Joining Depp in the cast ensemble are Amber Heard, Aaron Eckhart, Giovanni Ribisi, Richard Jenkins, Amaury Nolasco and Michael Rispoli.
- Derek Hough and Tony Dovolani Not Returning for 'Dancing with the Stars' Season 24
- Colton Haynes to Make Live Singing Debut in Tribute Performance for George Michael
- 'Jurassic World 2' First Set Photo Arrives as Filming Begins
- Behati Prinsloo Wows on First Post-Baby Runway Show at Milan Fashion Week
- A Green Lantern Is Reportedly Confirmed in 'Justice League'
- New Photos Seem to Confirm Diane Kruger and Norman Reedus' Romance Rumors
- 'Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.': Is Nick Blood Returning in Season 4?
- Happy 'Twin Peaks' Day! Showtime Unveils Posters for Revival