Britney Spears Sends Condolence to the Family of a Fallen Fan
Britney Spears is saddened to hear that one of her fans died after attending her "Femme Fatale" concert in Dublin, Ireland. The "Criminal" singer sends her prayers and condolence to the fallen fan's family through a tweet.
The former Disney star wrote on Twitter on Wednesday, October 26, "I was saddened to hear of the tragic accident in Dublin." The southern belle, who is currently touring across Europe, added, "My heart goes out to the family."
Siobhan Healy, 31, was thrown to the ground and was killed instantly when getting on a fairground ride called the Tip Top outside The O2 where the concert took place. "The community is very shocked," a family friend told the Daily Mail. "We are all very upset."
It's unclear what caused the mishap, except that there was evidence of severe weather which swept through Ireland earlier that day. Kenneth McFadden, the owner of the company that runs the ride, said, "We can't say [what happened], it all happened so quick."
Kenneth additionally said he was not going to open the business that day, but changed his mind after the rain cleared up. Never having any problems with the ride before since running it for four or five years, he added, "We are just in bits at the moment, we are just devastated."
Investigations about the accident are currently underway. The officials are hoping the incident was captured on CCTV to find out what really happened. The area was closed from public ahead of a forensic examination by the experts. A rep for the O2 said, "We are, of course, co-operating fully with them."
More Britney Spears News
- Steven Tyler Confirms Aerosmith's 2017 Farewell Tour
- 'Rogue One' Releases More New Photos. Also Get Detail of Mon Mothma's Bigger Role
- Taylor Swift Flies to U.K. to Meet Tom Hiddleston's Mom. See Picture of Their Happy Outing
- 'Game of Thrones' Season Finale Won't Slow Down the Pace, People Will Die
- Audrina Patridge and Fiance Welcome Baby Girl Kirra Max
- Getting Married? Tyga Calls Kylie Jenner His 'Wifey'
- Christina Aguilera Performs 'Change' on 'Jimmy Kimmel Live!' to Support Orlando
- Justin Bieber's Music Video Vixen Xenia Deli, 26, Marries 62-Year-Old Man in Lavish Wedding