Christina Perri's 'A Thousand Years' Video From 'Breaking Dawn I'
Christina Perri's "A Thousand Years" becomes the first soundtrack from "The Twilight Saga's Breaking Dawn Part I" which gets video premiere. It features Perri singing the passionate lyrics of the song to an imagery lover in an empty room. She's stepping from the dark into a room lit with candles.
Some footage from the movie, which is coming out in the U.S. on November 18, is included as well. It sees Robert Pattinson's Edward and Kristen Stewart's Bella during their wedding and honeymoon, and there is also a brief glimpse at a very upset Taylor Lautner's Jacob.
A big fan of "Twilight" series, Perri shared the creative process of writing the soundtrack, "I wrote [the song] for Edward and Bella in their perspective." She added, "It's the purest love song I think I could have possibly written. It's about the simplest kind of love and a timeless love."
She furthermore explained her love for the romantic drama. "For me, it just has to do most with the love story between Edward and Bella. I feel like it's 'Romeo and Juliet,' and they just happen to be vampires and there's werewolves. I loved the story from day one," she gushed.
Landing a spot on the soundtrack album is like a dream came true for Perri. "[It] still blows my mind, and I don't think I've fully processed it yet, even though we're on the set of the music video," she said. "I feel like maybe when we're at the premiere and I see it in the movie is when it'll really hit me because it just seems so dream-like. I feel so honored. It feels really epic."
The first theme song which was supposed to get video premiere was the one called "It Will Rain" which is performed by Bruno Mars, but it was delayed. "Hey guys I'm still working on the 'It Will Rain' video The MTV premiere will happen in a couple weeks. Be patient for ya boy.. Love Yall," Bruno tweeted the postponement.
Christina Perri's "A Thousand Years" music video
- Katherine Heigl and Josh Kelley Welcome Baby Boy - Find Out His Name
- Katie Holmes and Suri Cruise Have Mother-Daughter Date at Lakers Game
- Justin Bieber on Selena Gomez's Romance With The Weeknd: It's Only for Promotion
- Chris Brown and Rihanna May Start Hooking Up Again After Spotted Hanging Out Together
- Chris Pratt Shares Great Chemistry With Anna Faris in 'Mom' Sneak Peek
- Amber Rose Left Blushing After Beau Val Chmerkovkiy Kisses Her at NY Knicks Game
- What Bad Blood? Selena Gomez and Taylor Swift Reunite at Secret Meeting After Months Apart
- DJ Khaled May Be Working on New Music With Alicia Keys, Justin Bieber and Chance the Rapper