Mary J. Blige Falls for 'Mr. Wrong' in New Drake-Assisted Single
Mary J. Blige is hopelessly in love with a wrong guy in her newest single which features one of her "Fancy" collaborators Drake. She sings her agony out in the song which is called "Mr Wrong" by crooning, "Even if I try, no, I never could give him up cause his loves like that/ Aint no way that I'm moving on."
Drizzy voices the man who did her wrong. "I don't get it, I would hate to think I tricked 'em/ They fall victim to my system, guess I sure know how to pick 'em/ And I'm always her regret, yeah, I'm always her regret/ And I always make it harder on whoever's coming next," he gives his side of story in a half-rapping and half-singing style.
The song was written and produced by Rico Love, and will appear in Blige's new album "My Life II... The Journey Continues (Act 1)". Rico explained the sorrowful tune to Rap-Up, "It's an extremely soulful song that expresses the true level of love that a woman can have for a man who simply is no good for her. I wrote it because in many ways I am Mr. Wrong."
Another song from the upcoming studio album which has been embraced by music fans is the one called "Why". It features Rick Ross who invites fans to have a toast for the Queen of Hip-Hop Soul. "Hold your glasses up, baby/ You're in the presence of greatness/ It's the queen of our time, Mary J," he rhymes.
Mary is going to release "My Life II" across the United States on November 21. One day before the album release, she's going to perform at 2011 American Music Awards along with Jennifer Lopez, Justin Bieber, Katy Perry, Nicki Minaj, David Guetta, Maroon 5, Kelly Clarkson, LMFAO and Christina Aguilera.
- Katy Perry Is the Most-Followed Person on Twitter With Record-Breaking 90 Million Followers
- Here's Nick Young's Response to Iggy Azalea's Cheating Claims
- First Image From 'Ash vs. Evil Dead' Season 2 Reveals Surprising New Ally
- Drake Caught Leaving Rihanna's Hotel Amid Reconciliation Rumors
- Lady GaGa Is Finally a Licensed Driver
- Check Out the New Drift in 'Transformers: The Last Knight'
- Louis Tomlinson Blasts Media, Asks Them to Respect Son's Privacy Amid Custody Battle
- Iggy Azalea Receives Flowers From Nick Young's Teammate D'Angelo Russell After Breakup?