Jesse St. James Back on 'Glee' as Vocal Adrenaline's Coach
Jonathan Groff will reprise his role as Jesse St. James on "Glee", but not without a twist. After he was seen assisting Will Schuester in preparing New Directions for Nationals last season, the former lead singer of Vocal Adrenaline will once again face off McKinly High's glee club in the upcoming Nationals.
Creator/executive producer Ryan Murphy has revealed that Jesse will return as the coach of New Directions' rival choir Vocal Adrenaline. He will appear in four episodes leading to the Nationals and share stories with "The Glee Project" runner-up Alex Newell.
Sharing details about Alex's character, Ryan gushed that he is "going to be the love child of Kurt and Mercedes and will turn to them for much advice." As for Samuel Larson who is tied in the first place with Damian McGinty on the reality show, Ryan said, "Sam is probably going to come in around episode ten or eleven, probably after the Christmas break."
Meanwhile, Lindsay Pearce who has earlier made appearance on the FOX musical drama will guest star in another episode. "Lindsay's coming back in episode eight," Ryan further spilled the beans. "She's sort of the Rachel of her school and she's so amazing. She will be competing against our groups."
"Glee" has recently taped its 300th musical number which features a mash-up of Adele's song. Performing the number is McKinley's other glee club which is led by Idina Menzel's Shelby Corcoran.
- Drake Reportedly Has 'Weed Overdose'
- Kanye West 'Would Love to Have More Kids' With Kim Kardashian
- Justin Bieber Facing Arrest in Brazil Over Graffiti Case
- Peter Parker Wants to Be Like Iron Man in New 'Spider-Man Homecoming' Trailer
- Kris Jenner and Corey Gamble Break Up
- Cuba Gooding Jr. Generates Online Outrage After Lifting Up Sarah Paulson's Skirt at PaleyFest
- New Footage of 'Blade Runner 2049' Is Screened at CinemaCon
- Nina Agdal Flaunts Her Enviable Figure in Skimpy Bikinis for New Swimwear Campaign