Jesse St. James Back on 'Glee' as Vocal Adrenaline's Coach
Jonathan Groff will reprise his role as Jesse St. James on "Glee", but not without a twist. After he was seen assisting Will Schuester in preparing New Directions for Nationals last season, the former lead singer of Vocal Adrenaline will once again face off McKinly High's glee club in the upcoming Nationals.
Creator/executive producer Ryan Murphy has revealed that Jesse will return as the coach of New Directions' rival choir Vocal Adrenaline. He will appear in four episodes leading to the Nationals and share stories with "The Glee Project" runner-up Alex Newell.
Sharing details about Alex's character, Ryan gushed that he is "going to be the love child of Kurt and Mercedes and will turn to them for much advice." As for Samuel Larson who is tied in the first place with Damian McGinty on the reality show, Ryan said, "Sam is probably going to come in around episode ten or eleven, probably after the Christmas break."
Meanwhile, Lindsay Pearce who has earlier made appearance on the FOX musical drama will guest star in another episode. "Lindsay's coming back in episode eight," Ryan further spilled the beans. "She's sort of the Rachel of her school and she's so amazing. She will be competing against our groups."
"Glee" has recently taped its 300th musical number which features a mash-up of Adele's song. Performing the number is McKinley's other glee club which is led by Idina Menzel's Shelby Corcoran.
- 'The Bachelorette: Men Tell All': Luke Reveals His Biggest Regret, Nick Challenges Chad to a Fight
- Kim Zolciak and Her Daughter Brielle Sport Huge Pouts After Trip to Plastic Surgeon
- Mariah Carey Casually Throws Shade at the Kardashians. See What She Says
- 'Star Wars: The Force Awakens' Producers Plead Guilty Over Harrison Ford's Accident
- Diplo Confirms Usher, Sam Hunt and Travi$ Scott Collabs for Major Lazer's New Album
- Lindsay Lohan Apologizes for Instagram Rant, Isn't Sure She Can Fix Relationship With Fiance
- AMC Renews 'Turn' for Fourth and Final Season
- Keshia Knight Pulliam's Husband Ed Hartwell Files for Divorce, Wants Paternity Test