Jesse St. James Back on 'Glee' as Vocal Adrenaline's Coach
Jonathan Groff will reprise his role as Jesse St. James on "Glee", but not without a twist. After he was seen assisting Will Schuester in preparing New Directions for Nationals last season, the former lead singer of Vocal Adrenaline will once again face off McKinly High's glee club in the upcoming Nationals.
Creator/executive producer Ryan Murphy has revealed that Jesse will return as the coach of New Directions' rival choir Vocal Adrenaline. He will appear in four episodes leading to the Nationals and share stories with "The Glee Project" runner-up Alex Newell.
Sharing details about Alex's character, Ryan gushed that he is "going to be the love child of Kurt and Mercedes and will turn to them for much advice." As for Samuel Larson who is tied in the first place with Damian McGinty on the reality show, Ryan said, "Sam is probably going to come in around episode ten or eleven, probably after the Christmas break."
Meanwhile, Lindsay Pearce who has earlier made appearance on the FOX musical drama will guest star in another episode. "Lindsay's coming back in episode eight," Ryan further spilled the beans. "She's sort of the Rachel of her school and she's so amazing. She will be competing against our groups."
"Glee" has recently taped its 300th musical number which features a mash-up of Adele's song. Performing the number is McKinley's other glee club which is led by Idina Menzel's Shelby Corcoran.
- Bob Dylan Called 'Arrogant' for Ignoring Nobel Prize Win
- 'Doctor Strange' Star Tilda Swinton Wants Her Own Marvel Movie
- Jay-Z Makes History as Nominee for 2017 Songwriters Hall of Fame
- Police Called to Larsa and Scottie Pippen's House Before Divorce Announcement
- Did Madonna Just Clap Back at Lady GaGa With This Meme?
- Leonardo DiCaprio to Play the Man Who Invented Rock and Roll in Sam Phillips Biopic
- Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie to Sell Their Chateau Miraval in France Amid Divorce
- Director Tim Miller Leaves 'Deadpool 2' Due to Creative Differences