Maksim Chmerkovskiy Blasts Derek Hough for Taking Side With 'DWTS' Judges
The war of words between "Dancing with the Stars" cast is not yet over and even grows bigger. After mouthing off judge Len Goodman earlier this week, Maksim Chmerkovskiy appeared on "Good Morning America" on Wednesday, October 26 to talk about the matter and slam Derek Hough who sides with the judges.
"Derek Hough has been very supportive of his personal career on the show," Maksim told Robin Roberts of "GMA". "When you say judges have been generous, with all due respect, if I had Nicole Scherzinger followed by Jennifer Grey followed by Ricki Lake, I probably would not be very upset with the judges either."
Right after Maksim had his fallout with Len, Derek said backstage of "DWTS" on Monday, "Sometimes you do take things personally...I did that one time with Shannon Elizabeth." He continued sharing, "I went off. And I thought, 'Oh my goodness, I can't ever do that again!' I felt like the judges have been incredibly generous this season so I was surprised."
The brother of Julianne Hough added later, "As a seasoned professional, [he] should know not to do that. There's a certain amount of self control you should have. Last week, I knew going in it wasn't going to be our best dance. I don't get upset about it, I expect it and then I take it with grace and move on."
Unlike Derek, Lacey Schwimmer has supported Maksim for sounding off his opinion. "He spoke his opinion and he should be allowed to do it," so said the dancing partner of Chaz Bono, who is also not happy for being compared to a penguin by judge Bruno Tonioli.
Defending Chaz in this matter, Maksim said on "GMA", "One thing I'm not going to embrace is pointing fingers and disrespectful remarks. Why are judges allowed to compare us to animals and point their fingers and we can't show our opinion?"
As he firmly believes he said the right thing, the 31-year-old Ukrainian born dancer said he will not apologize. "I had a long conversation with my dad and I don't regret anything," he said. "That's why I think I'm misunderstood in this situation. Everyone is waiting for me to bow my head and plead for forgiveness. I have nothing to apologize for. I'm in the business because I love it. I can't really lose with remarks like this."
More Dancing with the Stars News
- Taylor Kinney Gives Lady GaGa 'Ultimatum' as She's Still Undecided About Wedding Details
- Kim Kardashian Steals the Show at Scott Disick's Birthday Party With Her Barely-There Lace Dress
- Proud Papa Chris Brown Shares Cute Pictures of Royalty to Celebrate Her Birthday
- Amanda Holden Poses Naked for Charity. See the Racy Pic!
- Bruno Mars Is Readying a New Album for November
- Mariah Carey's Diva Antics: She Has Her Glam Team Work on Her While She Sleeps
- Kim Kardashian Kicks Kanye West Out of Their Bel Air House. Why?
- Watch Andrew Lincoln and Norman Reedus Envision Lighter 'Walking Dead' in NBC's Red Nose Day Special