Maksim Chmerkovskiy Blasts Derek Hough for Taking Side With 'DWTS' Judges
The war of words between "Dancing with the Stars" cast is not yet over and even grows bigger. After mouthing off judge Len Goodman earlier this week, Maksim Chmerkovskiy appeared on "Good Morning America" on Wednesday, October 26 to talk about the matter and slam Derek Hough who sides with the judges.
"Derek Hough has been very supportive of his personal career on the show," Maksim told Robin Roberts of "GMA". "When you say judges have been generous, with all due respect, if I had Nicole Scherzinger followed by Jennifer Grey followed by Ricki Lake, I probably would not be very upset with the judges either."
Right after Maksim had his fallout with Len, Derek said backstage of "DWTS" on Monday, "Sometimes you do take things personally...I did that one time with Shannon Elizabeth." He continued sharing, "I went off. And I thought, 'Oh my goodness, I can't ever do that again!' I felt like the judges have been incredibly generous this season so I was surprised."
The brother of Julianne Hough added later, "As a seasoned professional, [he] should know not to do that. There's a certain amount of self control you should have. Last week, I knew going in it wasn't going to be our best dance. I don't get upset about it, I expect it and then I take it with grace and move on."
Unlike Derek, Lacey Schwimmer has supported Maksim for sounding off his opinion. "He spoke his opinion and he should be allowed to do it," so said the dancing partner of Chaz Bono, who is also not happy for being compared to a penguin by judge Bruno Tonioli.
Defending Chaz in this matter, Maksim said on "GMA", "One thing I'm not going to embrace is pointing fingers and disrespectful remarks. Why are judges allowed to compare us to animals and point their fingers and we can't show our opinion?"
As he firmly believes he said the right thing, the 31-year-old Ukrainian born dancer said he will not apologize. "I had a long conversation with my dad and I don't regret anything," he said. "That's why I think I'm misunderstood in this situation. Everyone is waiting for me to bow my head and plead for forgiveness. I have nothing to apologize for. I'm in the business because I love it. I can't really lose with remarks like this."
More Dancing with the Stars News
- 'Game of Thrones' Set Pics: Look Who's Also Back for Season 7!
- Are They Really Dating? Drake Already Introduces Taylor Swift to His Mom
- Ouch, It Looks Painful! Hugh Jackman Suffers Gunshot Wounds in New 'Logan' Image
- Jasmine Tookes to Rock Victoria's Secret New Fantasy Bra. See and Get Details of the $3M Lingerie!
- J.J. Abrams' 'God Particle' Is Reportedly the Next 'Cloverfield' Movie
- Is This What Tom Hiddleston Thinks of Taylor Swift Getting Close With Drake?
- 'Sherlock' Season 4 Gets Premiere Date. Mark Your Calendar!
- Gavin Rossdale Signs Publishing Deal With Roc Nation