Set Photo of 'Effie' Gives First Look at Dakota Fanning as Brunette Teen Wife
Dakota Fanning has been snapped on the Greenwich, London set of her latest movie "Effie". On Tuesday afternoon, October 25, the 17-year-old film beauty was seen ditching her blond locks and going brunette for her first day of shooting for the drama film.
The "Twilight Saga" actress was caught on camera donning a full vintage costume which consists of a long brown wig and a plaid skirt complete with a cape. Filming a scene in front of what looks like a horse-drawn carriage, she was joined by a male co-star.
In "Effie", Dakota takes on the titular character, which is described as a 17-year-old girl who marries a man named Ruskin. Despite her beauty, Ruskin never consummates their marriage because he was disgusted with her body. After suffering through a loveless marriage, Effie falls in love with Ruskin's protege, painter John Everett Milias, and marries him.
Before the coveted role went to Dakota, it was reported that Carey Mulligan and Saoirse Ronan were eyeing it. Joining the teen actress in the cast ensemble is Greg Wise as Ruskin, and Tom Sturridge who fills the role of Milias, which once was reportedly attached to Orlando Bloom.
Providing the script for "Effie" is Greg's wife Emma Thompson, who also stars as Lady Eastlake, a woman who protects the suffering Effie. Meanwhile, Richard Laxton will serve as the director of this drama movie, which is expected to be released in theaters across the U.S. sometime in 2013.
- Andi Dorfman Sparks Plastic Surgery Rumors
- Madonna Is Turning to Ex Sean Penn Amid Adoption Crisis
- 'Beauty and the Beast' Will Feature Disney's First Gay Character
- Jay-Z and Chris Martin Enjoy Night Out in WeHo
- Kris Is Convincing Caitlyn Jenner to Return to 'KUWTK' After 'I Am Cait' Cancellation
- Lady GaGa Confirms Coachella Gig With Line-Up Photo
- 'T.I. and Tiny: The Family Hustle' Is Renewed for Season 6 Amid Their Divorce Drama
- Orlando Bloom Spotted Cozying Up to Mystery Brunette Days Before Katy Perry Split