Chris Martin Jokes About Gwyneth Paltrow Being a Great Beard for Him
Being notoriously private about his marriage to Gwyneth Paltrow doesn't mean that Chris Martin doesn't have anything to say about it. During an appearance for the Thursday, October 27 episode "The Ellen DeGeneres Show", the Coldplay frontman joked that he is using the "Contagion" actress as his "beard".
The 34-year-old rocker visited the show to promote his band's latest album, "Mylo Xyloto", when host Ellen DeGeneres tried to coax him into talking about his wife by saying, "But you have a great relationship and two precious kids. And we love Gwyneth. She's been here many times." To which, he replied, "She's been a great beard for me now, for 10 years."
Chris' remark prompted the host to say, "Is that right? It's not really a real relationship? She just pretends that she's your wife?" In response, the singer/songwriter said with a chuckle, "Yeah, it's hard to believe." He went on to say that people like him and bandmate Jonny Buckland join bands because they were really not doing so well.
Asked by Ellen if he means he was not doing so well with women, Chris, who recently revealed that Gwyneth is his first real relationship, replied, "With anybody." He added that the longest relationship he has is with Jonny. When Jonny said that they've been together for 14 years, Chris joked, "I don't understand how you can forget our anniversary. It's actually 15 years this week."
More Chris Martin News
- 'Game of Thrones' Stars Talk About the Bloodbath and Power Transfer in Season Finale
- Deadpool Makes Surprise Appearance in 'X-Men: Apocalypse' Japanese Trailer
- 50 Cent Arrested in the Caribbean for Saying 'Motherf**ker' at Music Festival
- Adele Burps While Taking Selfie With a Fan Onstage. See the Hilarious Video
- Rihanna Previews New Song 'Sledgehammer' From 'Star Trek Beyond'
- Mariah Carey Shows Off Bare Butts at Her DJ Debut in Las Vegas
- Justin Timberlake Attacked by Twitter Users for His Comment on Jesse Williams' BET Awards Speech
- Artist of the Week: Calvin Harris