Chris Martin Jokes About Gwyneth Paltrow Being a Great Beard for Him
Being notoriously private about his marriage to Gwyneth Paltrow doesn't mean that Chris Martin doesn't have anything to say about it. During an appearance for the Thursday, October 27 episode "The Ellen DeGeneres Show", the Coldplay frontman joked that he is using the "Contagion" actress as his "beard".
The 34-year-old rocker visited the show to promote his band's latest album, "Mylo Xyloto", when host Ellen DeGeneres tried to coax him into talking about his wife by saying, "But you have a great relationship and two precious kids. And we love Gwyneth. She's been here many times." To which, he replied, "She's been a great beard for me now, for 10 years."
Chris' remark prompted the host to say, "Is that right? It's not really a real relationship? She just pretends that she's your wife?" In response, the singer/songwriter said with a chuckle, "Yeah, it's hard to believe." He went on to say that people like him and bandmate Jonny Buckland join bands because they were really not doing so well.
Asked by Ellen if he means he was not doing so well with women, Chris, who recently revealed that Gwyneth is his first real relationship, replied, "With anybody." He added that the longest relationship he has is with Jonny. When Jonny said that they've been together for 14 years, Chris joked, "I don't understand how you can forget our anniversary. It's actually 15 years this week."
More Chris Martin News
- Jeremih Allegedly Sends a Body Double to Perform for Him in Houston
- Twitter Trolls Respond to Amy Schumer's 'Barbie' Casting With Fat-Shaming Comments
- Kylie Jenner Braves the Cold Weather in Racy Bikini in These Pics
- Naked Jai Courtney Chased 'Suicide Squad' Director Around on Set. See the NSFW Photo!
- Robert Pattinson Is Proud of Kristen Stewart and Is 'Super Impressed' With Her Rolling Stones Video
- Lady GaGa Wants Fans to Join Her at Super Bowl Halftime Show
- Supergirl to Battle Superman's Villain Mr. Mxyzptlk This Season
- J. Cole Disses Fellow Rappers on New Song 'False Prophet'