Chris Martin Jokes About Gwyneth Paltrow Being a Great Beard for Him
Being notoriously private about his marriage to Gwyneth Paltrow doesn't mean that Chris Martin doesn't have anything to say about it. During an appearance for the Thursday, October 27 episode "The Ellen DeGeneres Show", the Coldplay frontman joked that he is using the "Contagion" actress as his "beard".
The 34-year-old rocker visited the show to promote his band's latest album, "Mylo Xyloto", when host Ellen DeGeneres tried to coax him into talking about his wife by saying, "But you have a great relationship and two precious kids. And we love Gwyneth. She's been here many times." To which, he replied, "She's been a great beard for me now, for 10 years."
Chris' remark prompted the host to say, "Is that right? It's not really a real relationship? She just pretends that she's your wife?" In response, the singer/songwriter said with a chuckle, "Yeah, it's hard to believe." He went on to say that people like him and bandmate Jonny Buckland join bands because they were really not doing so well.
Asked by Ellen if he means he was not doing so well with women, Chris, who recently revealed that Gwyneth is his first real relationship, replied, "With anybody." He added that the longest relationship he has is with Jonny. When Jonny said that they've been together for 14 years, Chris joked, "I don't understand how you can forget our anniversary. It's actually 15 years this week."
More Chris Martin News
- Derek Hough and Tony Dovolani Not Returning for 'Dancing with the Stars' Season 24
- Colton Haynes to Make Live Singing Debut in Tribute Performance for George Michael
- 'Jurassic World 2' First Set Photo Arrives as Filming Begins
- Behati Prinsloo Wows on First Post-Baby Runway Show at Milan Fashion Week
- A Green Lantern Is Reportedly Confirmed in 'Justice League'
- New Photos Seem to Confirm Diane Kruger and Norman Reedus' Romance Rumors
- 'Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.': Is Nick Blood Returning in Season 4?
- Happy 'Twin Peaks' Day! Showtime Unveils Posters for Revival