'DWTS' Result: Chaz Bono Delivers Aspiring Speech After Being Eliminated
Having been one of fans' favorites during the 13th season of "Dancing with the Stars", Chaz Bono finally had to hang up his dancing shoes due to lacking skill. The 42-year-old was voted off on Tuesday, October 25 after once again getting the lowest score on the Monday performance show.
"I took so much away from this," said Chaz, who got a standing ovation from judges and audience after the elimination result was read. He added, "This was an amazing journey that really pushed me and showed me I could do so much more than I thought I could."
The transgender child of Cher went on sharing about his goal in joining the show, "I came on to this show because I wanted to show American a different kind of man. I know that if there was somebody like me on TV when I was growing up, my whole life would have been different. So I dedicate everything I did to all the people out there like me, especially the kids and teens who are struggling. You can have a wonderful great life and be successful and happy."
On the result show, the judges also reacted to Maksim Chmerkovskiy's backstage comment following his fallout with Len Goodman. "Did he just say this was his show?" Carrie Ann Inaba responded after learning that the 31-year-old Ukrainian-born dancer told host Brooke Burke Charvet, "With all due respect, this is my show. I helped make it what it is," the night before.
Brooke then gave a chance to Maksim to clarify his harsh statement to Len, asking him if the judges weren't entitled to their opinions. "Of course. So are we," so said the pro dancer who, together with his partner Hope Solo, was among the bottom two this week. He, however, added the comment he made about the show being his was in some way misinterpreted. "It's not my show. I'm part of a very large cast," he explained.
Returning to perform that night was Kristin Chenoweth, who catered the audience on Monday's performance show. Martina McBride was another musical guest, while Corbin Bleu and the Macy's Stars of Dance troupe performed a dance number.
Six remaining celebrity contestants, including Hope, J.R. Martinez, Ricki Lake, Rob Kardashian, David Arquette and Nancy Grace will return on Monday, October 31.
More Dancing with the Stars News
- 'Game of Thrones' Set Pics: Look Who's Also Back for Season 7!
- Are They Really Dating? Drake Already Introduces Taylor Swift to His Mom
- Ouch, It Looks Painful! Hugh Jackman Suffers Gunshot Wounds in New 'Logan' Image
- Jasmine Tookes to Rock Victoria's Secret New Fantasy Bra. See and Get Details of the $3M Lingerie!
- J.J. Abrams' 'God Particle' Is Reportedly the Next 'Cloverfield' Movie
- Is This What Tom Hiddleston Thinks of Taylor Swift Getting Close With Drake?
- 'Sherlock' Season 4 Gets Premiere Date. Mark Your Calendar!
- Gavin Rossdale Signs Publishing Deal With Roc Nation