Adele and Coldplay Win Big at 2011 Q Awards
Adele and Coldplay are two of several lucky musicians who collected coveted prizes at 2011 Q Awards. During the October 24 ceremony at Grosvenor House, the British beauty scooped two kudos, while the Chris Martin-fronted band brought home one gong.
Adele won Best Track, thanks to her hit single "Rolling in the Deep", and grabbed Q Best Female Artist. Meanwhile, the "Fix You" hitmakers were named Today's Best Act in the World. The victory came just in time for the celebration of their new album (Mylo Xyloto) release.
The other winners included Take That's Gary Barlow (Q Classic Songwriter), Jessie J (Best Video), Bon Iver (Best Album), Oasis' Noel Gallagher (Q Icon), Queen (Hall of Fame), Fatboy Slim (Q Inspiration), Tinie Tempah (Q Best Male Artist), and U2 (Greatest Act of the Past 25 Years).
Talking about the event, Q editor-in-chief Paul Rees said, "This year's awards were a true celebration of where music is at right now - being, as they were, reflective of how rich and varied the musical landscape is, and of how enthused music fans are to be able to discover so much that is new and exciting."
- Breakthrough Artist: Ed Sheeran
- Best New Act: WU LYF
- Q Classic Songwriter: Gary Barlow
- Best Track: Adele - "Rolling in the Deep"
- Q Innovation in Sound: Kaiser Chiefs
- Q inspiration: Fatboy Slim
- Q Next Big Thing: Lana Del Rey
- Best Video: Jessie J - "Do It Like a Dude"
- Best Album: Bon Iver - "Bon Iver"
- Best Live Act: Biffy Clyro
- Q Classic Song: Snow Patrol - "Chasing Cars"
- Q Icon: Noel Gallagher
- Q Best Male Artist: Tinie Tempah
- Q Best Female Artist: Adele
- Q Outstanding Contribution to Music: Siouxsie Sioux
- Best Act in the World Today: Coldplay
- Hall of Fame: Queen
- Greatest Act of the Past 25 Years: U2
More Adele News
- Usher Releases Two New Tracks Off 'Hard II Love'
- Rihanna Gets the Biggest Gift Ever From Drake in Honor of Her VMAs Win
- First Look at Lumiere, Cogsworth, Gaston and Le Fou in 'Beauty and the Beast'
- Julianne Hough and Derek Hough to Return for 'DWTS' Season 23
- Sam Mendes in Talks to Direct Disney's 'James and the Giant Peach'
- 'Veep' Star Anna Chlumsky Gives Birth to Her Second Child
- Producer Defends Frank Ocean for Self-Releasing 'Blonde' Album, Slams Def Jam
- Kanye West and Kim Kardashian Give Paparazzi Free Yeezy Sneakers