Jennifer Lopez on Crying at Concert: Fans' Reactions Overwhelm Me
Jennifer Lopez has opened up about what really brought her to tears at a recent Connecticut concert. Speaking to Access Hollywood after the gig, the "On the Floor" hitmaker explained it was the audience's reaction to her performance of "One Love" that overwhelmed her last Saturday, October 22 night.
"After I sang the song, I'm standing there, and I realized that I did bare a little bit of my thoughts in this song. I also acted it out, kind of, for the audience," the 42-year-old recalled. "The way they received it was very touching. I think that they felt what I felt, which is, you know, I'm just a girl, just like everybody else, trying to find my way."
The "Papi" singer, who split from husband of seven years Marc Anthony in July, continued, "I felt like they got that, and they understood it, and we were all like one at that moment. It was very, very touching." She added, "I think they felt that, and I felt it from them. It kind of overwhelmed me."
In another backstage interview, J.Lo told Maria Menounos of Extra that seeing her mother in the audience also brought up more emotions. "I didn't see her the whole time, until this one moment, and I was a little bit emotional," so the "American Idol" judge said.
During the chat, the mother of two also discussed her decision to have dancers dressing like her exes during her performance in the show. She explained, "You know what it was, we wanted to do a section of the show that talked about love and through it, I go through different moments in my life."
J.Lo appeared to tear up while performing at the Mohegan Sun Casino's 15th anniversary celebration in Connecticut on Saturday night. She revisited her past relationships with an acoustic performance of "If You Had My Love", before going philosophical by asking her fans, "What is love? As the last song I wrote about love...a lot has changed since then."
The "Love Don't Cost a Thing" hitmaker continued on to sing "One Love" while the look-alikes of her exes, including P. Diddy, Ben Affleck and Cris Judd, took the stage. Afterward, she told the sold-out crowd, "I took a trip down memory lane," and was seen wiping her eyes repeatedly before walking off the stage.
More Jennifer Lopez News
- 'Celebrity Apprentice' Recap: Mixed-Up Teams and Nude Photo Shoot
- 'The Bachelor' Recap: Backstreet Boys' Performance, a 'Nickathlon' and a Zero Gravity Date
- See Margot Robbie's Drastic Transformation to Portray Tonya Harding
- Green Day Roasts Donald Trump in 'Troubled Times' Lyric Video
- New Couple Alert! Suki Waterhouse and 'Rogue One' Star Diego Luna Caught Getting Handsy in Mexico
- Kourtney Kardashian Is Still 'Serious' About Scott Disick Despite Reunion With Justin Bieber
- Mariah Carey and Elton John Rake in Millions of Dollars From Russian Billionaire Heiress' Wedding
- Armie Hammer and Elizabeth Chambers Welcome Baby No. 2