Video: Demi Lovato Shows Off Vocal Acrobatics When Singing National Anthem
Demi Lovato made a risky choice for her rendition of "Star-Spangled Banner" during the World Series Game 5. Wearing a short skirt and a blazer on top of a red Texas Rangers jersey, the teen singer took some serious high notes in some parts of the national anthem.
The former "Sonny with a Chance" star almost delivered all of it, except for the part when she belted out "land of the free". The Texan-born artist was a bit of shrieky on that part, but then redeemed herself with an impressive "home of the brave" singing at the closing line.
Lovato showed no sign of jittery when singing the national anthem at the October 24 game kick-off. However, a few hours before the performance, she shared to her Twitter followers that she's had some baseball-induced butterflies. She wrote, "About to go sleep.. So nervous/excited about tomorrow!!! National anthem at the #worldseries... Wow!!!"
Responses regarding her performance varied on Twitter. A tweep by the name of BNHarrington wrote, "Demi Lovato an epic fail." Another Twitter user under the name of SarahLovatoML posted otherwise, "Watched demi perform the national anthem she did so amazingg
More Demi Lovato News
- Kourtney Kardashian Channels Evil Queen in Halloween Costume
- Watch Dwayne Johnson Sing 'You're Welcome' in New 'Moana' Clip
- Katie Holmes Looks Gloomy Amid Rumor She Gets 'Dumped' by Jamie Foxx
- New 'Game of Thrones' Set Video Captures the Monumental Meeting
- Jay-Z to Host Clinton Concert Aimed at Young Black Voters in Ohio
- Here's the First Look at Cate Blanchett and Sandra Bullock on 'Ocean's Eight' Set
- Lady GaGa Annoyed by Traffic in 'Carpool Karaoke'. Get the Sneak Peek!
- Ryan Lochte Celebrates His Dog's 8th Birthday for Three Consecutive Years