Video: Demi Lovato Shows Off Vocal Acrobatics When Singing National Anthem
Demi Lovato made a risky choice for her rendition of "Star-Spangled Banner" during the World Series Game 5. Wearing a short skirt and a blazer on top of a red Texas Rangers jersey, the teen singer took some serious high notes in some parts of the national anthem.
The former "Sonny with a Chance" star almost delivered all of it, except for the part when she belted out "land of the free". The Texan-born artist was a bit of shrieky on that part, but then redeemed herself with an impressive "home of the brave" singing at the closing line.
Lovato showed no sign of jittery when singing the national anthem at the October 24 game kick-off. However, a few hours before the performance, she shared to her Twitter followers that she's had some baseball-induced butterflies. She wrote, "About to go sleep.. So nervous/excited about tomorrow!!! National anthem at the #worldseries... Wow!!!"
Responses regarding her performance varied on Twitter. A tweep by the name of BNHarrington wrote, "Demi Lovato an epic fail." Another Twitter user under the name of SarahLovatoML posted otherwise, "Watched demi perform the national anthem she did so amazingg
More Demi Lovato News
- Nashville Crowd Helps Kanye West Diss Taylor Swift
- 'Modern Family' to Make History by Casting Transgender Child Actor
- New 'Spider-Man: Homecoming' Set Pic Sees Tom Holland Suiting Up as the Webslinger in Queens
- 'Scream Queens' 2.03 Preview Teases Bad Blood Between Chad and Brock
- Courteney Cox on Jennifer Aniston Dragged Into Brangelina Divorce: 'It's Not About Her'
- Rep Denies Lady GaGa Is Having Baby 'on Her Own'
- Get Your First Look at Nick Jonas in New 'Jumanji' Movie
- Report: Kourtney Kardashian Is Expecting Baby No. 4 With Scott Disick