Kelly Clarkson: Getting Married in Late 30s Won't Get You a Divorce
Although she hopes to find someone she could spend the rest of her life with, Kelly Clarkson doesn't want to get married until she reaches her late 30s. Explaining the reason why, the first winner of "American Idol" told USA Today, "Statistically, if you wait that long, you're not going to get divorced."
The 29-year-old also confessed that she has never been in love. "I've never experienced certain things, and I think that's because I have this side of me that is shut off," she shared. "Because I haven't found anybody yet to open to that I feel like, 'OK, you're worth breaking down that wall for.' I've never found that."
On what has gotten in the way of her romantic life, the "Mr. Know It All" singer said, "I think my career, honestly." She elaborated, "Obviously it's really hard to date when I'm on four different continents in a week. Even if I do meet a great guy, I ain't ever gonna see him. There's only so much you can do with Skype!"
During the chat, Kelly also talked about avoiding the pitfalls of fame. "I have no controversy," she pointed out. "You don't see me in rehab, or you don't see me coming out with my hey-haw showing. There's not much to report. So when anything little is reported, it's like 'Oh, my God, she wasn't wearing makeup!' "
- Marion Cotillard's Partner Breaks Silence on Brad Pitt Affair Rumors
- Julia Roberts to Play PTA Mom Framed for Drug Possession in True-Story Movie
- Pippa Middleton's Private Photos Stolen After Her iCloud Got Hacked
- North West Serves as Flower Girl at a Wedding and Dances Adorably at the Party
- Adele Doesn't Care About Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie's Split, She Clarifies
- Video: Justin Bieber Gets Into a Fight in German Bar
- Adam Levine and Behati Prinsloo Share First Photo of Baby Dusty Rose
- Ryan Murphy Admits to 'Infighting' on 'Glee' Set and Cast Member Hookups