'Star Wars: Episode I - The Phantom Menace' 3D Gets First Trailer
Gearing up for the 3D re-release of "Star Wars: Episode I - The Phantom Menace", 20th Century Fox has unleashed the first trailer for the updated version of the movie. The video opens with glimpses from all six "Star Wars" movies in a tiny box, followed with plenty of spectacular battle scenes that take place in another galaxy.
Set against the thrilling and exotic backdrop of a "galaxy far, far away," the 3D movie delivers some of the Saga's most stunning sequences, from the Naboo invasion to the Tatooine Podraces, as well as the climactic lightsaber battle between Darth Maul and the Jedi.
"The Phantom Menace" was first released in 1999. It serves as the first of a three-part prequel to the original "Star Wars" trilogy, which started with 1977's "Star Wars" a.k.a "Star Wars Episode IV: A New Hope". Directed by George Lucas, the 3D re-release is due to hit U.S. theaters on February 10, 2012.
The epic film stars Liam Neeson as Qui-Gon Jinn, Ewan McGregor as Obi-Wan Kenobi, Natalie Portman as Padme Amidala, and Jake Lloyd as young Anakin Skywalker. Ian McDiarmid, Pernilla August, Oliver Ford Davies, Hugh Quarshie, Ahmed Best, Anthony Daniels, Kenny Baker, Frank Oz, Terence Stamp are in the supporting cast.
Sorry, the "Star Wars: Episode I - The Phantom Menace" trailer has been removed as requested by The 20th Century Fox Film Corporation.
- Find Out Why Psy Chose Apink's Na Eun for His 'New Face' MV
- Jo Kwon Wants a 2AM Reunion
- Tyga Spotted Wearing Matching Sneakers With Mystery Brunette
- Jennifer Garner's New Pal Chelsea Handler Is Going After Ben Affleck
- 'Game of Thrones' Is Filming Fake Scenes
- Most Brutal Celebrity vs Paparazzi Fights
- Are 'Riverdale' Stars Cole Sprouse and Lili Reinhart Dating?
- 'Ant-Man and the Wasp': Evangeline Lilly Reacts to Michelle Pfeiffer's Casting as Her On-Screen Mom