'Star Wars: Episode I - The Phantom Menace' 3D Gets First Trailer
Gearing up for the 3D re-release of "Star Wars: Episode I - The Phantom Menace", 20th Century Fox has unleashed the first trailer for the updated version of the movie. The video opens with glimpses from all six "Star Wars" movies in a tiny box, followed with plenty of spectacular battle scenes that take place in another galaxy.
Set against the thrilling and exotic backdrop of a "galaxy far, far away," the 3D movie delivers some of the Saga's most stunning sequences, from the Naboo invasion to the Tatooine Podraces, as well as the climactic lightsaber battle between Darth Maul and the Jedi.
"The Phantom Menace" was first released in 1999. It serves as the first of a three-part prequel to the original "Star Wars" trilogy, which started with 1977's "Star Wars" a.k.a "Star Wars Episode IV: A New Hope". Directed by George Lucas, the 3D re-release is due to hit U.S. theaters on February 10, 2012.
The epic film stars Liam Neeson as Qui-Gon Jinn, Ewan McGregor as Obi-Wan Kenobi, Natalie Portman as Padme Amidala, and Jake Lloyd as young Anakin Skywalker. Ian McDiarmid, Pernilla August, Oliver Ford Davies, Hugh Quarshie, Ahmed Best, Anthony Daniels, Kenny Baker, Frank Oz, Terence Stamp are in the supporting cast.
Sorry, the "Star Wars: Episode I - The Phantom Menace" trailer has been removed as requested by The 20th Century Fox Film Corporation.
- Listen to Niall Horan's First Solo Single 'This Town' Here!
- Kim Kardashian Is Sick of Taylor Swift Question: 'I'm So Over It'
- Luke Cage's Leading Lady Misty Knight Confirmed to Return on 'The Defenders'
- Don't Call Zayn Malik 'Celebrity' Because He Loathes It!
- Vitalii Sediuk Calls His Attempt to Kiss Kim Kardashian's Butt a Protest Against 'Butt Implants'
- Gavin Rossdale Follows Gwen Stefani's Lead, Joins 'The Voice UK' as New Judge
- Report: Ashton Kutcher and Mila Kunis Expecting Baby Boy
- Watch Benedict Cumberbatch's Full Performance With Pink Floyd's David Gilmour at London Concert