Video: Zooey Deschanel Performs the National Anthem at the World Series
Zooey Deschanel proves that she can sing. Before the St. Louis Cardinals and the Texas Rangers faced off at Game 4 of the 2011 World Series on Sunday, October 23 night, the leading lady of FOX's new series "New Girl" stepped onto the field to perform the National Anthem.
Unlike Game 1 performer Scotty McCreery who had to restart the song due to microphone malfunction, the 31-year-old's performance went without any glitch. In fact, the one half of the indie-pop duo She & Him was praised by many for delivering a simple yet sweet rendition of "The Star Spangled Banner".
For her appearance, the younger sister of Emily Deschanel showed off a fun and flirty look by rocking a red, white and blue mini dress. Afterward, she tweeted, "Having so much fun at the #worldseries game 4 in Dallas with @markjakejohnson @HannahSimone @LamorneMorris ! Woo hoo!!!!"
Next to perform the National Anthem at the World Series is former Disney star Demi Lovato. Last Friday, October 21, she shared to her fans that she has been chosen for the honor by tweeting, "Only my lovatics could land me a spot singing the national anthem at the WORLD SERIES!!!! I couldn't do it without you guys!!!!"
More Zooey Deschanel News
- Bob Dylan Called 'Arrogant' for Ignoring Nobel Prize Win
- 'Doctor Strange' Star Tilda Swinton Wants Her Own Marvel Movie
- Jay-Z Makes History as Nominee for 2017 Songwriters Hall of Fame
- Police Called to Larsa and Scottie Pippen's House Before Divorce Announcement
- Did Madonna Just Clap Back at Lady GaGa With This Meme?
- Leonardo DiCaprio to Play the Man Who Invented Rock and Roll in Sam Phillips Biopic
- Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie to Sell Their Chateau Miraval in France Amid Divorce
- Director Tim Miller Leaves 'Deadpool 2' Due to Creative Differences