Janet Jackson Reschedules Australian Tour Dates Due to Trial of Michael's Doctor
Janet Jackson is putting her family before her work. The "Rhythm Nation" singer has rescheduled part of her Australian tour because she wants to give support to her family during the trial of Conrad Murray, the doctor accused of involuntary manslaughter in her brother Michael Jackson's death.
In a statement released on Sunday, October 23, the 45-year-old singer told The Associated Press, "When I planned these shows, the schedule in California was completely different." She went on to say, "After talking with my family last night, I decided we must be together right now. ... This saddens me in so many ways."
Janet, who also thanked fans for their support and understanding, was actually set to perform in Melbourne on Wednesday, October 26; Thursday, October 27; and Saturday, October 29 as part of her "Number Ones" tour. Her make-up schedule, however, will see her perform for one night only, on November 3, in Rod Laver Arena.
Despite the sudden rescheduling, Janet has the support of her promoter. "It is important that Janet is with her family at this critical point in the hearing," promoter Paul Dainty said. "While Janet and our company apologize for any inconvenience for the reschedule of the Melbourne shows, we thank Janet for the great and successful concerts in Perth and Adelaide and eagerly await her return."
Conrad Murray is on trial in Los Angeles. The doctor is accused of being negligent in his care of the late King of Pop, who died of a propofol overdose in 2009. His trial was kicked off on September 27, and last Friday, October 21, his defense team challenged the motives and methods of the prosecution's anesthesiology expert.
- P. Diddy Throws Star-Studded Birthday Party for Girlfriend Cassie
- Kim Kardashian Says Kendall Jenner Is Banned by Uber, the Company Responds
- J Balvin Survives Plane Crash in Bahamas
- Luke Cage Reveals the Downside of Being Bulletproof in First Clip
- Justin Bieber and Sofia Richie Jet Off for Romantic Getaway Ahead of MTV VMAs
- Britney Spears Calls 'Carpool Karaoke' With James Corden 'Awkward'
- Taylor Swift Naked Wax Figure Displayed at Kanye West's 'Famous' Art Exhibit
- Tom Hiddleston's Instagram Gets Hacked