Ashton Kutcher Talks the 'Truth' in Bizarre Video
Ashton Kutcher has taken to new social networking site Chime to sort of address the rumor that he has cheated on Demi Moore in their 6-year marriage. The 33-year-old actor posted a bizarre video in which he talked about "the status of truth" in the media.
"I just wanted to open up a little dialogue on the state of honesty. The state of truth. The status of truth as it pertains to literature and media," Kutcher said. "Because publishers had a limited amount of inventory, publishers held great scrutiny over what they would be willing to print - they were the gatekeepers of the truth. If it seemed like something wasn't the truth, they wouldn't print it because their reputation was on the line."
He continued, "When the cost structure comes down on printing... the level of honesty of literature started to plummet, the integrity of literature started to plummet because it was so easy to do. I started thinking about that in relation to media and social media today where the threshold to actually have literature printed and distributed, the cost threshold is zero dollars. Thereby there is no gatekeeper of the truth. We are our own editors, we are our own publishers and we are our own printers."
"Thereby, people can bastardize the truth in any way, shape or form that they want and spread that around the world," he added. "There's that old saying where a lie can travel halfway around the world before the truth can leave someone's lips... I was thinking that we really have to take it upon ourselves to instill a level of honesty in the works in the media that we create and share with one another and be certain that we are doing our own diligence that what we are saying is for the benefit of another."
The "Two and a Half Men" actor, who was seen sans his wedding ring in the video, has not directly responded to the news in the media about his alleged affair with Sara Leal. Beside keeping quiet, he encouraged his Twitter followers not to believe what the tabloids have written about him.
- Bye 'KUWTK'! Kim Kardashian Is Focusing on Her New Show 'Glam Masters'
- Report: Kourtney Kardashian and Younes Bendjima Are Getting Serious
- Selena Gomez and The Weeknd Are Spotted on Movie Date in Chicago
- Mac Miller Wants to Cancel His Tour to Be by Ariana Grande's Side After Concert Bombing
- 'Star Wars: The Last Jedi' New Vanity Fair Covers Offer New Look at Cast Members
- Jennifer Lopez Shares Sweet Picture With Alex Rodriguez, Dubs Him Her Man Crush
- Jimmy Kimmel Predicts Rachel Lindsay's 'The Bachelorette' Final 3
- Rain and Kim Tae Hee Are Expecting Their First Child