'Jersey Shore' Season Finale Rating Shows a Decline for First Time
"Jersey Shore" did not post a record breaking rating with its season 4 finale. Drawing 6.6 million viewers, the season ender which aired last Thursday, October 20 even dropped 13% from season 3 finale which lured 7.6 million viewers.
This marks the first time the MTV reality show suffered a decline in rating for the season closer. Back in season 1, the last episode posted in 4.8 million. The number was up to 6.1 million for the second season closer.
"Jersey Shore" actually started out its fourth season impressively with 8.8 million total viewers tuning in the first episode in August. It was MTV's most-watched season premiere ever.
The show will return for a fifth season, which was filmed last summer, in January 2012.
- 'Supernatural' Casts David Haydn-Jones as a Mysterious Character
- Lin-Manuel Miranda Releases Tribute Rap for 'The West Wing'
- Kim Kardashian, Kylie and Kendall Jenner Dolled Up for 'Ocean's Eight' Cameo Filming
- Amanda Seyfried Dishes on Upcoming Low-Key Wedding to Thomas Sadoski
- Harley Quinn Might Appear on 'Gotham' Earlier Than Expected
- Soulja Boy Takes a Shot at Chris Brown, 50 Cent, Mike Tyson on New Song 'Stop Playing with Me'
- Is Tina Fey Making 'Mean Girls 2' Without Lindsay Lohan?
- Lady GaGa Builds a Dance Floor in Her Backyard, Shares Crazy Idea for Super Bowl Performance