First Trailer of Angelina Jolie's 'In the Land of Blood and Honey'
Angelina Jolie's directorial debut, "In the Land of Blood and Honey", releases its first trailer. Plot says the film is a love story set during the Bosnian war in the early '90s and the trailer perfectly combines both the romance and the harsh condition that eventually changes somebody.
Jolie's movie was pretty much a mystery because the actress refused to talk much about the movie during her public appearances. Back in May, she described it as "specific to the Bosnian War, but it's also universal. I wanted to tell a story of how human relationships and behavior are deeply affected by living inside a war."
Christian Serb and a Bosniak woman's lives are torn apart when violence flares between ethnic and religious groups. Jolie, who also produces and wrote the film, hired local actors such as Goran Kostic and Zana Marjanovic, most of whom are children of war. Film is made into two versions, one in English and the other in the native Serbo-Croatian.
"In the Land of Blood and Honey" will open in theaters December 23. Many believe that the movie has an Oscar nomination potential.
- Derek Hough and Tony Dovolani Not Returning for 'Dancing with the Stars' Season 24
- Colton Haynes to Make Live Singing Debut in Tribute Performance for George Michael
- 'Jurassic World 2' First Set Photo Arrives as Filming Begins
- Behati Prinsloo Wows on First Post-Baby Runway Show at Milan Fashion Week
- A Green Lantern Is Reportedly Confirmed in 'Justice League'
- New Photos Seem to Confirm Diane Kruger and Norman Reedus' Romance Rumors
- 'Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.': Is Nick Blood Returning in Season 4?
- Happy 'Twin Peaks' Day! Showtime Unveils Posters for Revival