First Trailer of Angelina Jolie's 'In the Land of Blood and Honey'
Angelina Jolie's directorial debut, "In the Land of Blood and Honey", releases its first trailer. Plot says the film is a love story set during the Bosnian war in the early '90s and the trailer perfectly combines both the romance and the harsh condition that eventually changes somebody.
Jolie's movie was pretty much a mystery because the actress refused to talk much about the movie during her public appearances. Back in May, she described it as "specific to the Bosnian War, but it's also universal. I wanted to tell a story of how human relationships and behavior are deeply affected by living inside a war."
Christian Serb and a Bosniak woman's lives are torn apart when violence flares between ethnic and religious groups. Jolie, who also produces and wrote the film, hired local actors such as Goran Kostic and Zana Marjanovic, most of whom are children of war. Film is made into two versions, one in English and the other in the native Serbo-Croatian.
"In the Land of Blood and Honey" will open in theaters December 23. Many believe that the movie has an Oscar nomination potential.
- Mila Kunis Flaunts Baby Bump at 'Bad Moms' L.A. Premiere
- Aaron Rodgers Finally Addresses Brother Jordan's 'Bachelorette' Gig and Family Estrangement
- Lupita Nyong'o Reveals 'Black Panther' Plot Details
- JoJo's New Single 'F**k Apologies' Feat. Wiz Khalifa Surfaces Online
- Blac Chyna Shows Off Engagement Ring Amid Rob Kardashian Breakup Rumors
- 'The Bachelorette: Men Tell All': Luke Reveals His Biggest Regret, Nick Challenges Chad to a Fight
- Kim Zolciak and Her Daughter Brielle Sport Huge Pouts After Trip to Plastic Surgeon
- Mariah Carey Casually Throws Shade at the Kardashians. See What She Says