'The Punisher' Heads to Small Screen via FOX
FOX is going to bring "The Punisher" to the small screen. The network has nabbed the project that features the anti-hero character from the Marvel Comics Universe with a put pilot commitment, which means there will be a penalty if the network doesn't air it.
Former "Criminal Minds" showrunner Ed Bernero writes the script of the pilot and will serve as executive produce along with Marvel. The hour-long drama centers on Frank Castle, a rising star detective at the New York Police Department who turns into vigilante The Punisher to seek justice for those the system has failed.
"The Punisher" has previously been turned into several big screen projects. The 2004 film featured Thomas Jane on the title role, while 2008's "Punisher: War Zone" had Ray Stevenson taking on the titular character.
- Morgan Freeman Eyed to Join Disney's New 'Nutcracker' Film
- Get Your First Look at Tyler Hoechlin as Clark Kent on 'Supergirl'
- Taika Waititi Hints at Thanos' Connection to 'Thor: Ragnarok' in New Photo
- Lindsey Vonn Accidentally Flashes Underwear on the Red Carpet
- Rihanna Swarmed by Her Fans in 'Goodnight Gotham' Music Video
- Tony Parker Welcomes Second Child With Wife Axelle Francine
- Candice Swanepoel Bares Baby Bump While Posing Completely Naked in This Photo
- 'Sesame Street' Reconsiders Layoffs After Public Outcry, Actor Says