'The Punisher' Heads to Small Screen via FOX
FOX is going to bring "The Punisher" to the small screen. The network has nabbed the project that features the anti-hero character from the Marvel Comics Universe with a put pilot commitment, which means there will be a penalty if the network doesn't air it.
Former "Criminal Minds" showrunner Ed Bernero writes the script of the pilot and will serve as executive produce along with Marvel. The hour-long drama centers on Frank Castle, a rising star detective at the New York Police Department who turns into vigilante The Punisher to seek justice for those the system has failed.
"The Punisher" has previously been turned into several big screen projects. The 2004 film featured Thomas Jane on the title role, while 2008's "Punisher: War Zone" had Ray Stevenson taking on the titular character.
- Kylie Jenner Awkwardly Gets Turned Down When Trying to Carry Tyga's Son King Cairo
- Mandy Moore and Milo Ventimiglia Share Adorable 'This Is Us' Family Photos. See Who's Missing
- Ryan Reynolds Wants 'Deadpool' / 'Wolverine' Crossover to Happen
- Kanye West Sports Wedding Ring While Riding BMX Amid Kim Kardashian Divorce Rumors
- Watch Hailee Steinfeld, Fifth Harmony and More Perform at the 2016 Billboard Women in Music
- Reese Witherspoon Teams Up With Nick Kroll for EDM Rendition of 'Shake It Off'
- 'Puff the Magic Dragon' Gets Live-Action/Animated Hybrid Movie
- Mila Kunis Shows Impressive Post-Baby Body After Giving Birth to Son Dimitri