'The Punisher' Heads to Small Screen via FOX
FOX is going to bring "The Punisher" to the small screen. The network has nabbed the project that features the anti-hero character from the Marvel Comics Universe with a put pilot commitment, which means there will be a penalty if the network doesn't air it.
Former "Criminal Minds" showrunner Ed Bernero writes the script of the pilot and will serve as executive produce along with Marvel. The hour-long drama centers on Frank Castle, a rising star detective at the New York Police Department who turns into vigilante The Punisher to seek justice for those the system has failed.
"The Punisher" has previously been turned into several big screen projects. The 2004 film featured Thomas Jane on the title role, while 2008's "Punisher: War Zone" had Ray Stevenson taking on the titular character.
- Steven Tyler Confirms Aerosmith's 2017 Farewell Tour
- 'Rogue One' Releases More New Photos. Also Get Detail of Mon Mothma's Bigger Role
- Taylor Swift Flies to U.K. to Meet Tom Hiddleston's Mom. See Picture of Their Happy Outing
- 'Game of Thrones' Season Finale Won't Slow Down the Pace, People Will Die
- Audrina Patridge and Fiance Welcome Baby Girl Kirra Max
- Getting Married? Tyga Calls Kylie Jenner His 'Wifey'
- Christina Aguilera Performs 'Change' on 'Jimmy Kimmel Live!' to Support Orlando
- Justin Bieber's Music Video Vixen Xenia Deli, 26, Marries 62-Year-Old Man in Lavish Wedding