'The Punisher' Heads to Small Screen via FOX
FOX is going to bring "The Punisher" to the small screen. The network has nabbed the project that features the anti-hero character from the Marvel Comics Universe with a put pilot commitment, which means there will be a penalty if the network doesn't air it.
Former "Criminal Minds" showrunner Ed Bernero writes the script of the pilot and will serve as executive produce along with Marvel. The hour-long drama centers on Frank Castle, a rising star detective at the New York Police Department who turns into vigilante The Punisher to seek justice for those the system has failed.
"The Punisher" has previously been turned into several big screen projects. The 2004 film featured Thomas Jane on the title role, while 2008's "Punisher: War Zone" had Ray Stevenson taking on the titular character.
More The Punisher News
- First Official Look at Emma Watson and Dan Stevens in 'Beauty and the Beast'
- 'Pretty Little Liars' Star Keegan Allen Tweets His Phone Number
- Armie Hammer Accidentally Reveals Sex of His Unborn Baby
- Kelly Osbourne Settles Lawsuit With Dad Ozzy's Mistress
- Donald Trump Has His Own Porn Video Despite Bashing Alicia Machado for Her Sex Tape
- 'Criminal Minds' Finds Thomas Gibson's Replacement, John Legend Lands 'Underground' Role
- Kim Kardashian Pays Tribute to Late Dad With Throwback Video on His Death Anniversary
- Colin Trevorrow Says 'Jurassic World 2' Will Have More Scares and Animatronic Dinosaurs