'The Punisher' Heads to Small Screen via FOX
FOX is going to bring "The Punisher" to the small screen. The network has nabbed the project that features the anti-hero character from the Marvel Comics Universe with a put pilot commitment, which means there will be a penalty if the network doesn't air it.
Former "Criminal Minds" showrunner Ed Bernero writes the script of the pilot and will serve as executive produce along with Marvel. The hour-long drama centers on Frank Castle, a rising star detective at the New York Police Department who turns into vigilante The Punisher to seek justice for those the system has failed.
"The Punisher" has previously been turned into several big screen projects. The 2004 film featured Thomas Jane on the title role, while 2008's "Punisher: War Zone" had Ray Stevenson taking on the titular character.
More The Punisher News
- Oscar Accountants Issue an Apology Over Best Picture Blunder
- Halle Berry Rocks Big Curly Locks at the Academy Awards
- 'Batman v Superman', 'Hillary's America' Are Top Losers at Razzie Awards
- Nicole Kidman Passionately Kisses Keith Urban as He Naughtily Grabs Her Bum on Oscars' Red Carpet
- 'The Walking Dead' 7.12 Sneak Peeks: More Guns, More People, More Time
- President Donald Trump to Skip White House Correspondents' Dinner Following Tension With Press
- 'Cars 3' New Extended Teaser Introduces the Next Generation of Racers
- Lea Michele Gets Naked in Bed With a Guy Before Oscars