'Take Care' Trailer Shows Why Drake Is Hot
Drake tells people why he deserves the title of hottest MC in the game and is worth of the hype. The Canadian rapper explains it in a trailer for his upcoming studio album "Take Care". Instead of previewing the new project, he is counting the accomplishments he achieved in the short period of time.
The list includes "US Number 1 Platinum Selling Debut Album," "6 Grammy Nominations," "5 BET Awards," "Over 19 Million Facebook Likes," "750 Million Views on YouTube," and "Over 3 Million Twitter Followers." Some of his prominent works like "Moment 4 Life", "Fancy", "What's My Name?" and "Find You Love" are played as backsound.
Drizzy was forced to push back the release date for "Take Care" from October 24 to November 15 because he got a roadblock in clearing some samples in his new songs. "I do apologize for the delay but I promise that it is only for the benefit of our experience together," the MC once said.
Cover art for the album features Drizzy sitting at a lavish dinner and staring wistfully into his gold goblet. Explaining why he's pictured so broody despite the expensive-looking decor around him, the MC told MTV RapFix, "It was a world that was very much real to me, but I created it in my mind."
"It was a world that, being a kid from Toronto, I used to look at from the outside and I used to be like, 'Man that looks crazy.' All those strip clubs and all those nightclubs and the drinks and the girls and the fame. I used to stare at this world through a glass window and, like, two to three years later, I become a king in that world."
"That's who's sitting on that album cover, that kid that's just somehow gone from his mom's basement in Toronto to becoming a king," he elaborated. "That's what that album cover is about and there is a lot of deep thought involved in that 'cause you can go crazy doing this."
More Drake News
- Jennifer Lawrence to Lead Zelda Fitzgerald Biopic
- Kim Kardashian's Family Shares Throwbacks and Birthday Wishes as She Turns 36
- Chris Pratt to Return to TV as Guest Star on His Wife Anna Faris' 'Mom'
- Katy Perry and Pharrell Williams Named Co-Chairs for 2017 Met Gala
- Shailene Woodley Writes Powerful Essay About Her Arrest During Pipeline Protest
- Is Jennifer Lawrence Dating Darren Aronofsky to Score Movie Roles?
- Selena Gomez's Mother Is NOT Fighting for a Conservatorship Despite Report
- Nicole Richie Is Livid Her Sister Sofia Richie Hangs Out With Her Ex-BFF Paris Hilton