'Take Care' Trailer Shows Why Drake Is Hot
Drake tells people why he deserves the title of hottest MC in the game and is worth of the hype. The Canadian rapper explains it in a trailer for his upcoming studio album "Take Care". Instead of previewing the new project, he is counting the accomplishments he achieved in the short period of time.
The list includes "US Number 1 Platinum Selling Debut Album," "6 Grammy Nominations," "5 BET Awards," "Over 19 Million Facebook Likes," "750 Million Views on YouTube," and "Over 3 Million Twitter Followers." Some of his prominent works like "Moment 4 Life", "Fancy", "What's My Name?" and "Find You Love" are played as backsound.
Drizzy was forced to push back the release date for "Take Care" from October 24 to November 15 because he got a roadblock in clearing some samples in his new songs. "I do apologize for the delay but I promise that it is only for the benefit of our experience together," the MC once said.
Cover art for the album features Drizzy sitting at a lavish dinner and staring wistfully into his gold goblet. Explaining why he's pictured so broody despite the expensive-looking decor around him, the MC told MTV RapFix, "It was a world that was very much real to me, but I created it in my mind."
"It was a world that, being a kid from Toronto, I used to look at from the outside and I used to be like, 'Man that looks crazy.' All those strip clubs and all those nightclubs and the drinks and the girls and the fame. I used to stare at this world through a glass window and, like, two to three years later, I become a king in that world."
"That's who's sitting on that album cover, that kid that's just somehow gone from his mom's basement in Toronto to becoming a king," he elaborated. "That's what that album cover is about and there is a lot of deep thought involved in that 'cause you can go crazy doing this."
More Drake News
- Caitlyn Jenner to Become Mom Next Year as She's Banned From Meeting Baby Dream
- Rihanna Squashes Beyonce Grammys Feud Rumors: 'This Is Just Unnecessary!'
- Zac Efron Goes Shirtless in Teaser Trailer for 'Baywatch'
- 'Reign' Canceled by The CW After 4 Seasons
- It's Official! Joe Jonas and Sophie Turner Are Dating
- Are Britney Spears and Christina Aguilera Collaborating on New 'Glory' Remix?
- Sia Splits From Husband of Two Years, Erik Anders Lang
- Is Angelina Jolie Giving Brad Pitt a Second Chance?