Official Slams Lindsay Lohan's Excuse for Morgue Duty Lateness
One of the reasons why Lindsay Lohan was late for her first day of community service at the Los Angeles County Morgue was blamed on her ignorance of which entrance to use. Los Angeles County Assistant Chief Coroner Ed Winter, however, didn't seem to buy the troubled actress' excuse.
Speaking to reporters outside the morgue, Winter pointed out on a few flaws in the statement issued by Lindsay's spokesman Steve Honig. "She's been here before," he insisted. "And she was given directions. And, as far as we know, she knows how to get here. She was told to be here before 8 o'clock."
Lindsay was supposed to start serving her community service at the morgue on Thursday, October 20 morning, but she arrived late and was turned away. L.A. Coroner's office spokesman Craig Harvey confirmed that the "Machete" star was late 40 minutes for her orientation session, her representative however said that she arrived "approximately 20 minutes late".
In a released statement, Honig said that Lindsay "will be returning for orientation" on Friday, October 21. He went on to explain, "Her lateness was due to a combination of not knowing what entrance to go through and confusion caused by the media waiting for her arrival. Lindsay spoke with the supervisors at the morgue, they showed her how to get in and everything is all cleared up."
The "Freaky Friday" actress herself has taken to her WhoSay page to express her apology. "With all of the stress and pressure from yesterday and today, I've never been so happy to go to therapy!!!! Also, I'm sorry for the confusion that I may of caused to those at the Coroner's office," so she wrote. "Won't happen again, now I know where to go! Thank you for your help."
A day prior, Lindsay had her probation revoked. Judge Stephanie Sautner reasoned that the actress deliberately "blew off" the court's order for her to work at the Downtown Women's Center as her part of her 360 hours of community service. By the end of the hearing, she was handcuffed and taken away by sheriff's deputies before being released on $100,000 bail.
More Lindsay Lohan News
- Tom Hiddleston's Instagram Gets Hacked
- P. Diddy Squashes Breakup Rumors With a Super Sweet Birthday Message for Cassie
- Does 'American Horror Story' Reveal the Murder Weapon in This New Season 6 Teaser?
- Taylor Swift Sports Bigger Breasts in Tight Crop-Top. Did She Really Get a Boob Job?
- Get Your First Glimpse of Tom Hardy in Christopher Nolan's WWII Film 'Dunkirk'
- Miley Cyrus Sports New Gold Band on Ring Finger. Is She Secretly Married to Liam Hemsworth?
- Jennifer Lopez Posts Cryptic Message After Breakup as Casper Smart Is Reportedly Still in Denial
- Is Britney Spears' 'Glory' Track 'Liar' About Ex Justin Timberlake?