Bill Rancic: Giuliana Will Come Back Stronger After Breast Cancer Battle
Bill Rancic is keeping a positive mind when it comes to his wife's cancer. Having offered assurance that Giuliana Rancic is doing well after her breast cancer surgery, the first winner of "The Apprentice" told E! News that his co-anchor wife "will come back stronger and better than before."
During the chat, the "Giuliana and Bill" star said that his 37-year-old wife "is on bed rest" and had her BlackBerry confiscated. He also expressed his wish to "trade places" with her if he could, and noted that the TV personality's test result should come out on Friday, October 21.
The 40-year-old went on to share that his wife is expected to start radiation treatment in about a month "after she heals and has her strength back," but plans to take only a week off from work. He additionally responded to Ryan Seacrest's joke that he is going to use Giuliana's parking space while she was gone by saying, "Make sure her spot is open!"
Giuliana underwent a double lumpectomy last Tuesday, October 18. During the surgery that lasted two hours, doctors also removed lymph nodes that are believed may have been affected as well. On Thursday, October 20, her husband Bill gave updates on her condition post surgery on the "Today" show.
Speaking to host Ann Curry, Bill said, "Giuliana is a trooper. She pulled through it." The real estate developer added, "She's relieved to have it over with and get the cancer out. She's doing well at home and recovering - and I'm adding nurse to my resume. She's having fun with that."
Bill additionally expressed hopes to be able to do more than just giving support to his wife. "Giuliana has had a tough year and a half. Between the IVF attempts and now with this, I wish I could carry some of the load," he said. "Watching her being wheeled into the [operating room] was heartbreaking for me."
Still, the motivational speaker did noted, "We're viewing this as a gift. It was caught very, very early." On what the future holds, he is confident that he and Giuliana "will kick off 2012 with a new outlook on life."
- Baby Groot Angrily Kills Ravager in New 'Guardians of the Galaxy 2' Teaser
- Shailene Woodley Pleads Guilty to Disorderly Conduct During Pipeline Protest
- Is Chris Brown's New Sex-Drenched Single 'Privacy' to Tempt Rihanna?
- Christina El Moussa Is Dating NHL Star Nate Thompson Amid Divorce From Tarek
- Hugh Grant Dances to Drake's Song in 'Love Actually' Short Film
- Cher's 'Serious Family Issue' Forces Her to Drop Out of Lifetime's Flint Water Crisis Movie
- 'Game of Thrones': Nikolaj Coster-Waldau Teases Big Jaime-Cersei-Brienne Development in Season 7
- Joseph Gordon-Levitt to Direct R-Rated Musical Comedy Co-Starring Channing Tatum