ABC Nabs New Soap From 'Desperate Housewives' Creator Marc Cherry
Marc Cherry is not going anywhere after "Desperate Housewives" ends its run this coming spring. The creator of the long-running drama comedy series has set up a new soap at ABC, which is airing the Eva Longoria-starring show.
Cherry's new project is called "Devious Maids" and revolves around four Latina housekeepers who are based in Beverly Hills. The hourlong soap itself is an adaptation of a Mexican telenovela titled "The Disorderly Maids of the Neighborhood".
The 49-year-old writer is set to pen the script and serve as executive producer alongside Sabrina Wind, David Lonner, Larry Shuman and John Mass.
The original telenovela tells the story of five housemaids who find themselves in the middle of a murder mystery that rocks their ordinarily quiet community. It currently enters its second season.
- Katy Perry Teases New KP4 Song 'Witness'
- J.Lo and Alex Rodriguez Are Head Over Heels for Each Other
- Kim Kardashian and Kanye West Attend Funeral for His Nephew
- Ed Sheeran Forgets Lyrics During Live Performance
- Watch Second Trailer for 'Justice League'
- Nicki Minaj Teases Music Video for David Guetta's 'Light My Body Up' With On-Set Photo
- Watch Little Mix's Dreamy Cover of Rihanna's 'Love on the Brain'
- 'Walking Dead' Alum Steven Yeun and Wife Joana Pak Share First Photo of Their Newborn Baby