Kanye West Announces First G.O.O.D Music Album
Kanye West is going to follow the footsteps of Young Money by releasing an all-star album featuring artists from his own label. "GOODMUSIC.THE ALBUM.SPRING2012," the rap mogul tweeted the info on Wednesday, October 19.
No other details were offered, but the teaser had long been given by Kanye. When the "Heartless" rapper launched his ground-breaking music campaign "G.O.O.D Friday" last year, he dropped a bunch of songs which were crowded with featured guests like Common and John Legend.
While the G.O.O.D Music project has just officially been announced, a new Young Money album has been hyped up for quite a while. Birdman has confirmed in more than one interview, saying that Lil Wayne is currently working to gather the likes of Drake and Nicki Minaj for it.
"We Are Young Money" album was released in December 2009. The effort peaked at No. 9 on Billboard Hot 200 and reached No. 1 on Top Rap Albums. It featured Weezy, Drizzy, Minaj, Jae Millz, Gudda Gudda, Mack Maine, Tyga, Lil Twist, Lil Chuckee and more.
More Kanye West News
- Michelle Rodriguez Threatens to Quit 'Fast and Furious' Franchise Over Its Depiction of Women
- Paris Hilton and Chris Zylka Are Reportedly Getting Engaged Soon
- Missing the Kids, Brad Pitt Urges Angelina Jolie to Have Family Reunion
- Watch Nick Jonas' Calvin Klein-Esque Video for 'Remember I Told You' Ft. Anne-Marie and Mike Posner
- 'The Bachelorette' Recap: Rachel Ends Lee-Kenny Feud, Sends Home Six Guys
- Report: Rob Kardashian Says He Pays All of Blac Chyna's Bills
- 'America's Got Talent' Week 5: Guy Sings Whitney Houston's 'I Have Nothing' Like It's Nothing
- Remy Ma Totally Expects Nicki Minaj's Diss at NBA Awards