Kanye West Announces First G.O.O.D Music Album
Kanye West is going to follow the footsteps of Young Money by releasing an all-star album featuring artists from his own label. "GOODMUSIC.THE ALBUM.SPRING2012," the rap mogul tweeted the info on Wednesday, October 19.
No other details were offered, but the teaser had long been given by Kanye. When the "Heartless" rapper launched his ground-breaking music campaign "G.O.O.D Friday" last year, he dropped a bunch of songs which were crowded with featured guests like Common and John Legend.
While the G.O.O.D Music project has just officially been announced, a new Young Money album has been hyped up for quite a while. Birdman has confirmed in more than one interview, saying that Lil Wayne is currently working to gather the likes of Drake and Nicki Minaj for it.
"We Are Young Money" album was released in December 2009. The effort peaked at No. 9 on Billboard Hot 200 and reached No. 1 on Top Rap Albums. It featured Weezy, Drizzy, Minaj, Jae Millz, Gudda Gudda, Mack Maine, Tyga, Lil Twist, Lil Chuckee and more.
More Kanye West News
- Police Called to Larsa and Scottie Pippen's House Before Divorce Announcement
- Did Madonna Just Clap Back at Lady GaGa With This Meme?
- Leonardo DiCaprio to Play the Man Who Invented Rock and Roll in Sam Phillips Biopic
- Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie to Sell Their Chateau Miraval in France Amid Divorce
- Director Tim Miller Leaves 'Deadpool 2' Due to Creative Differences
- Wait... What? Is Tiger Woods Saying He Doesn't Regret Cheating on Elin Nordegren?
- Marvel Pulls 'Invincible Iron Man' Cover After Accusations of 'Sexualizing' Its Underage Hero
- No More Sexy Selfies? Kim Kardashian Is Re-Emerging 'More Covered Up' and 'Less Make-Up'