Kanye West Announces First G.O.O.D Music Album
Kanye West is going to follow the footsteps of Young Money by releasing an all-star album featuring artists from his own label. "GOODMUSIC.THE ALBUM.SPRING2012," the rap mogul tweeted the info on Wednesday, October 19.
No other details were offered, but the teaser had long been given by Kanye. When the "Heartless" rapper launched his ground-breaking music campaign "G.O.O.D Friday" last year, he dropped a bunch of songs which were crowded with featured guests like Common and John Legend.
While the G.O.O.D Music project has just officially been announced, a new Young Money album has been hyped up for quite a while. Birdman has confirmed in more than one interview, saying that Lil Wayne is currently working to gather the likes of Drake and Nicki Minaj for it.
"We Are Young Money" album was released in December 2009. The effort peaked at No. 9 on Billboard Hot 200 and reached No. 1 on Top Rap Albums. It featured Weezy, Drizzy, Minaj, Jae Millz, Gudda Gudda, Mack Maine, Tyga, Lil Twist, Lil Chuckee and more.
More Kanye West News
- Jamie Bell in Talks to Be the New James Bond
- First Look at Katherine Waterston's Daniels in 'Alien: Covenant' Image
- Kim Kardashian and Kanye West Plan $10M Lawsuit to Silence Former Bodyguard
- Justin Bieber Spotted on Dinner Date With Nicola Peltz
- Take a Peek at Gwen Stefani's 'Misery' Music Video in This Teaser
- Miranda Lambert Closes Her Boutique, Sells Building to Ex-Husband Blake Shelton
- 'DWTS' Pro Peta Murgatroyd and Maksim Chmerkovskiy Expecting First Child, but Something Upset Them
- Ben Affleck Gives Jennifer Garner 11-Carat Diamond Ahead of Their Anniversary - Is It True?