Kanye West Announces First G.O.O.D Music Album
Kanye West is going to follow the footsteps of Young Money by releasing an all-star album featuring artists from his own label. "GOODMUSIC.THE ALBUM.SPRING2012," the rap mogul tweeted the info on Wednesday, October 19.
No other details were offered, but the teaser had long been given by Kanye. When the "Heartless" rapper launched his ground-breaking music campaign "G.O.O.D Friday" last year, he dropped a bunch of songs which were crowded with featured guests like Common and John Legend.
While the G.O.O.D Music project has just officially been announced, a new Young Money album has been hyped up for quite a while. Birdman has confirmed in more than one interview, saying that Lil Wayne is currently working to gather the likes of Drake and Nicki Minaj for it.
"We Are Young Money" album was released in December 2009. The effort peaked at No. 9 on Billboard Hot 200 and reached No. 1 on Top Rap Albums. It featured Weezy, Drizzy, Minaj, Jae Millz, Gudda Gudda, Mack Maine, Tyga, Lil Twist, Lil Chuckee and more.
More Kanye West News
- Chris Brown Is Released on $250K Bail, Lawyer Calls Assault Allegations 'Demonstrably False'
- Daniel Craig Goes Blonde for His Villain Role in 'Logan Lucky'
- Tyga Has His Ferrari Repossessed While Bentley Shopping With Kylie Jenner
- 'The Flash' Teases Flashpoint Storyline in First Official Images From Season 3
- Halsey Flashes Her Bare Crotch as She Ditches Panties for a VMA After-Party
- Marvel Developing 'New Warriors' Comedy Series Featuring Squirrel Girl
- Mark Hamill Shaves His Jedi Beard and Hints at His Return to 'Star Wars Episode IX'
- 'Supergirl' Casts Superman Villain Metallo for Season 2