Russell Crowe Tweets About Fighting General Zod on 'Man of Steel' Set
Russell Crowe has given some tidbits from "Man of Steel" which is currently filming in Vancouver. The actor who plays the titular character's Kryptonian father Jor-El posted some tweets about doing a fighting scene with Michael Shannon's villainous character, General Zod.
Taking to his Twitter account on Wednesday, October 19, Crowe shared that General Zod is an enemy who is very hard to defeat. He wrote, "15km bike ride, umpteen hours fighting Michael Shannon. He's very hard to put down." When a fan asked him who wins the fight, Crowe replied, "Hard to tell who wins, we are still fighting tomorrow."
In the following tweets, he replied to a follower who praised him as a superhero. Showing his modest side, the "American Gangster" actor wrote, "Alas, I'm no superhero. Just related to one." He added in another tweet, "I'm trying to save a planet here."
Crowe was first snapped on the set of the Zack Snyder-directed superhero film on Sunday, October 2. At that time he was caught on camera rocking the full costume of Jor-El, completed with an "S" symbol on the front and a long red cape. The Australian actor stars opposite Ayelet Zurer who is cast as Jor-El's wife.
"Man of Steel" is produced by "The Dark Knight Rises" helmer Christopher Nolan. Henry Cavill stars as the titular character, with Amy Adams playing his leading lady Lois. Kevin Costner, Diane Lane and Antje Traue are additionally supporting the anticipated film, which will hit U.S. theaters on June 14, 2013.
More Man of Steel News
- Katy Perry Teases New KP4 Song 'Witness'
- J.Lo and Alex Rodriguez Are Head Over Heels for Each Other
- Kim Kardashian and Kanye West Attend Funeral for His Nephew
- Ed Sheeran Forgets Lyrics During Live Performance
- Watch Second Trailer for 'Justice League'
- Nicki Minaj Teases Music Video for David Guetta's 'Light My Body Up' With On-Set Photo
- Watch Little Mix's Dreamy Cover of Rihanna's 'Love on the Brain'
- 'Walking Dead' Alum Steven Yeun and Wife Joana Pak Share First Photo of Their Newborn Baby