Martin Scorsese and Mick Jagger Team Up for 1970s Rock and Roll Drama
Two of the best in their own fields are joining forces for a new TV show. Sources say Martin Scorsese and Mick Jagger are currently attached to an untitled 1970s rock 'n' roll project which is in development and has got attention from HBO.
Another notable name working on the project is Terence Winter. The creator and executive producer of "Boardwalk Empire" has turned in a script for the show and is slated to executive produce as well as write the pilot.
Scorsese, who recently nabbed an Emmy for directing the first episode of "Boardwalk Empire", will direct the new project's pilot in addition to serving as executive producer. He and Jagger have reportedly met with HBO's executives to discuss about the hourlong drama.
The idea of the TV show, which was initially conceived by Jagger as a feature film, follows the exploits of a cocaine-fueled record executive in New York City circa 1977, when punk, disco and a new form of music called hip-hop collided. The Rolling Stones' frontman will also executive produce the show alongside Victoria Pearman and Rick Yorn.
This is not the first time Scorsese and Jagger work together. The two have previously collaborated for 2008's "Shine a Light" which captures The Rolling Stones' 2006 Beacon Theatre performance on their A Bigger Bang Tour. Scorsese tackled the directing duty for the documentary.
More Vinyl News
- Priyanka Chopra Throws Her Hat Into the Ring to Be Female James Bond
- Listen to a Preview of Shawn Mendes' New Song 'Better'
- Elijah Wood Clarifies Comment on Child Sex Abuse in Hollywood, Says It's Misinterpreted
- 'Pretty Little Liars' Boss Confirms Someone's Getting Married in Season 7
- Anne Hathaway Throws Shade at the Kardashians, Says It's Unintentional
- Eminem Sells Bricks of His Childhood Home for 'Marshall Mathers LP' Anniversary
- Did Jennifer Lawrence Just Say She Was Under the Influence While Filming 'The Hunger Games'?
- Helen Hunt Mistaken for Jodie Foster by Starbucks Barista. Read the Funny Story